< iStitch
Monday 1 September 2008
A cat with four ears?


Firstly an update on Hannah - I am actually going to be sorry when she's finished! I love stitching with one strand on 40ct linen as the effect is so delicate. I did have a few problems on Friday evening as my eyes were a bit sore - probably from too much time on the computer at work and at home! I still have to finish off the motif with the B inside but I jumped over to work on the motif alongside as it was easier to focus on.


A few bits of stash arrived in the mail including the Fall issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly. Inside there is a lovely Dutch sampler pattern which I really must stitch and I have already enquired about the fabric from The Sampler Guild! The fabric I ordered for Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler - 36ct Edinburgh linen in 'Days Gone By' - arrived from Silkweaver so this will probably be my next Quaker stitch once Hannah is finished. My order of silk ribbons also arrived, as did the pattern from Giulia Punti Antichi - Old Italian Sewing Set which pattern I have been after for ages. I am expecting a few more goodies to arrive soon :o) so watch this space!
 

Kirby starts her Fashion and Design course today at the University College of Art at Canterbury. She has been working really hard on her pre-course project and above is part of a piece she did on animals in historical art. She designed and stitched her own spot sampler and she allowed me to photograph the page from her portfolio to show you. I think I may have already told you that Kirby has been stitching since she was four years old and produces some wonderful pieces of needlework. Click on the picture for a closeup to see how neatly she stitches.   

 

Lastly I thought you would like to see this photo of 'Yoda', a cat with 4 ears, who featured in the UK press this past week! If you want to read the article go here I am in love with this cat - he is so cute and how amazing for him to have two sets of ears. 

I am working this week but only for three days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so hopefully I will be able to fit in some stitching time too.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


16 Comments:


  • On 1 September 2008 at 11:08, Anonymous Anonymous

    Lots of lovely pictures here today! Hannah is looking great and you got a lovely pile of stash. Kirby's project is wonderful, such neat stitching. I love the photo of Yoda - such a cute cat!

     
  • On 1 September 2008 at 12:44, Blogger Anne

    Your hannah beeby is so beautiful!!! and your new pattern from GPA looks great!

     
  • On 1 September 2008 at 13:24, Blogger Yuko

    Hi Carol,
    Your Hannah is looking so beautiful!!
    You are so fast!
    Kirby's stitching is so beautiful, too! How talented young lady she is!
    Did you know that "Yoda" is one of Japanese family name, and it actually came from it! :D
    Happy stitching~!
    I will write you later!

     
  • On 1 September 2008 at 14:47, Blogger "Magnolia"

    Hannah is looking lovely. I adore over one stitching on 40ct. for the same reason you do...so delicate looking!

    Kirby's stitching is beautiful. I wish her the best of luck in her course!

    And I agree, Yoda is a very handsome fella! I'll bet he could hear a mouse a mile away!

     
  • On 1 September 2008 at 21:35, Blogger Creative Chaos

    Your Hannah looks fantastic and your new stash very yummie !!
    Patti xx

     
  • On 1 September 2008 at 23:50, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Hannah is looking great!

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 06:56, Blogger Annemarie

    What a fun post, Carol! Wow, you must be so proud of your daughter! Her stitching is beautiful, and to be going to the University College of Art, well, that's just wonderful. She doesn't happen to blog, does she?

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 08:42, Blogger Rowyn

    I love Kirby's spot sampler. She's stitched it beautifully too.

    Wow, Yoda is the strangest cat I've ever seen - but loveable and cute all in one.

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 13:48, Blogger WendyJo

    Hannah is really looking very pretty Carol and I really love the Kirby sampler as well.

    I just printed out the freebie pattern you have stitched..love the colors you picked...very pretty.

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 14:07, Blogger Heidi

    Hannah is looking more and more beautiful! I can't wait to have the time to sit down and order the silks so I can get started! The new stash looks wonderful and it's making my fingers itch!
    Yoda is just too adorable, extra ears and all.
    hugs,
    heidi

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 14:53, Blogger staci

    Your stitching is always so gorgeous and inspiring!

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 20:22, Blogger DaisyGirl

    Love those animals! She did a great job! I love that cat! How awesome to have 4 ears!
    Donna

     
  • On 2 September 2008 at 20:22, Blogger Michele

    Hannah is lovely! I bet you really are enjoying stitching it :)

    Wow, I would love to see more of Kirby's stitching .. love the spot sampler.

    I want to take Yoda home with me! Beautiful cat!

     
  • On 3 September 2008 at 01:42, Blogger Michele B.

    Your post was full of things to please every stitcher (and other people too - that cat is amazing). I can see why you will miss Hannah. You do such a nice job with Quaker stitching. And Kirby's piece is terrific. She is so talented to be able to design those animals. She should sell her chart!

     
  • On 3 September 2008 at 05:11, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hannah is getting more and more pretty.
    Kirby's Spot Sampler is beautiful as well.

     
  • On 3 September 2008 at 21:23, Anonymous Anonymous

    your hannah is great i am still debating whether to do mine inoriginal colours or just black... have to finish the cheetahs first and have several small things to do then i am going to amke a start. the cat with four ears is amazing.. love the stash