< iStitch
Wednesday 10 September 2008
A Crop-a-Dile and stash



Today the mailman brought me a couple of Ebay wins. Firstly a Crop-a-dile. I had heard that these were a bit expensive but a much better buy that the ordinary eyelet punches on the market and as I have stitched a couple of floss tags I wanted something that would work and not ruin the projects. I looked at a lot of UK craft sites but most places were selling these around £30 so I went onto Ebay and found this one with a starting bid of £14.99 so I placed my bid and waited and now it's mine. It came complete with the pink carry case and the eyelets. I will further report on this after I have tried it out.

My second Ebay 'win' was Little by Little's Quaker Blackbird. This is such a lovely pattern and I can't wait to stitch it. I have two others patterns that I also won but they haven't arrived yet. Also in this picture are some more of my personalized thread drops - the recipients names are on the back and I will be sending these out to them shortly. 

I am still working on exchanges and gifts - most are stitched so I really need a marathon finishing session but today it was bright and sunny here so I am sure you can probably guess where I spent most of the day!

Have you seen the beautiful scissor keeps that Yuko has for sale in her Etsy shop? They are really gorgeous and I could not resist buying the shell butterfly one. Go have a look and see if you can resist them!

Thanks for visiting
Take care 

Labels: ,

 
|


10 Comments:


  • On 10 September 2008 at 20:12, Blogger Hazel

    So much to catch up on. I can't believe how much you have done on Hannah!! Great ebay wins! Hope the crop o dile works out. xx

     
  • On 10 September 2008 at 20:44, Blogger Rachel V

    Can't wait to hear how your new tool works. Great thread drops!

     
  • On 10 September 2008 at 23:00, Blogger staci

    Congrats on your great new stash. Love your thread drops!

     
  • On 10 September 2008 at 23:55, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice stashing!! Those thread drops are adorable. Do give use your opinion in the Crop-odile, I'd love to hear what you think of it. And I just love that pattern! Little by little do some great pieces!

     
  • On 11 September 2008 at 13:37, Blogger Yuko

    Carol,
    Love your new thread drops, they are very personalized and so pretty!
    I think I also have the same chart from little by little!
    It's sweet, isn't it!
    And thank you for the little note about my scissor fob. :D
    I hope you'll like it!

     
  • On 11 September 2008 at 14:12, Blogger WendyJo

    Congrats on the ebay win..you will love that crop-a-dil. I really like those thread drops to Carol.

    The mailman was very good to you :)

     
  • On 12 September 2008 at 10:23, Blogger Jean

    Hi,
    Thought I'd pop by after you made such lovely comments on my blog. You have gotten me excited about using thread drops. You wouldn't believe the lame system I am using right now - imagine it: a plastic baggie with my hangs of thread thrown in! Works for me - so far....hmm..... might need to use a coupon for a teardrop puncher!

    Jean

     
  • On 12 September 2008 at 19:29, Anonymous Anonymous

    cant wait to hear how you get on with the cropadile thingamejig.. lol love the stash you got and the thread drops.. well done.. there is some great stash on there.. i have brought the gorgeous butterfly scissor keep from yuko cant wait to get it..

     
  • On 15 September 2008 at 16:29, Blogger Meari

    I *just* bought a crop-a-dile over the weekend and tried it out last night with different brands of eyelets and it works wonderfully. I held off buying because I read a review that said it didn't work well with fabric. Granted, I tested it on a piece of scrap aida, but it worked great.

     
  • On 16 September 2008 at 14:08, Blogger Karan

    Nice wins! Those thread drops are lovely. :0)