< iStitch
Monday 8 September 2008
RAK from Michele


Today the mailman brought me a package. I was surprised to see Michele's return address on it as I am not expecting any exchanges at present. When I opened it I was amazed to find the above gifts. A beautiful 'bowtie' coaster from her trip to Pennsylvania Dutch country, 2 tins of mints (she obviously read my wish list which says my favourites are Spearmint flavour), a post-it pad with my initial on it and a delightful pot of Rosewater Glycerine Hand Therapy that has a tiny ribbon rose on the top. Thank you Michele for this totally unexpected gift.

Still no stitching pictures that I can show as it's exchanges and gifts all the way. 

I have been asked for more information about my personalized thread drops from numerous people so here's goes. I use ordinary card stock and the outside shape is made with a 2" scallope elipse punch. I used an ordinary office size hole punch for the top hole and the bottom hole is made with either an egg shaped or teardrop shaped punch. I got all my punches from Finishing Touches of Totnes who are extremely helpful although I am not sure if they sell internationally. I have been making more and, as well as printing names on one side, the other side has something relevant to the recipient too! I can assure you that these thread drops are quite simple to make so have a go! If you have any further questions please email me - there is an link under my profile.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


6 Comments: