< iStitch
Friday 3 October 2008
One down ...


I spent yesterday afternoon finishing - one is a gift which I cannot show but here is Meg's ornament. The pattern is Mary Garry's Christmas Heart from the 2000 JCS magazine and is stitched on 35ct white Brussels linen with DMC threads and the back is a red and green fabric. I'm sorry that the picture isn't very good - it was hard to get a good shot even though I went out into the garden. I also made some thread drops to go with my exchange and gift packages. 

This afternoon I will either finish off a tiny Christmas needleroll that I hem-stitched last night or make a start on a new ornament/gift. I would really like to put a few stitches in Hannah Beeby but, as Christmas is hurtling towards us at an amazing speed, I really must get my ornaments/gifts done. 

The charms that I ordered for Drawn Thread's Random Thoughts arrived this morning - thanks Andrea for the name of the UK stockist. So, I now have the chart (2 of these - does anyone want to trade for the new one?) and the charms and have just heard that the NPI silks have been mailed. I may just get to start this before Christmas!  

The weather has turned extremely cold these past couple of days and it looks as though Tommy the tortoise is ready for hibernation. He has tucked himself into the root of the ivy and is very lethargic. He is early this year as it's usually the second weekend in October. I miss him during the winter months and I worry about him as the tortoise that we adopted one summer didn't wake up after hibernation but the vet said that she was at least 150 years old and had died of old age.

Thanks for visting - have a good weekend
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


13 Comments: