< iStitch
Wednesday 1 October 2008
Scissors and dreamcatchers




The scissors I got on ebay (see last post) arrived this morning and they are even more gorgeous than I thought. I am going to sort out all my scissors and take a picture - who needs all these pairs of scissors? Is it 'need' or 'want'?



While searching for a particular photograph on my many discs I came across this beaded dreamcatcher that I made for Kirby a few years back. I took a class with a lovely lady at FOB in Sarasota - I'm sorry but I cannot remember her name. It's made with silver Delicas, mauve and crystal Swaroski beads and other various beads. This picture does not do it justice and I will ask Kirby to let me borrow it back so I can take a better photo. 

This is my first day after finishing a three week stint covering sickness and holiday at work but I have an idea that I may get another phone call at the end of the week or the beginning of next as the lady who had surgery still has her foot in plaster. I am going to make as much of my time just in case I get a call! 

I have been catching up on household chores this morning and also visited my neighbour whose husband died two days ago. Once I have finished this post I have another birthday package to put together and then I will do some finishing and hopefully have something new to show you shortly.

My package has arrived from SB&Bs but instead of being a chartpack as ordered it was just the chart so now I have to order 17 NPI silks, although she has offered me a discount. She is unable to supply the charm pack so I have emailed Drawn Thread to see if they can help. What is annoying is that I already had the chart, albeit a used copy, but decided to order the chartpack so as not to have to order the silks and charms!

Thanks for visiting
Take care 

Labels: ,

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 1 October 2008 at 12:30, Blogger Nicola

    Oooooooh what gorgeous scissors Carol! I know that we really only need one pair of scissors but I can well understand you wanting those. The dreamcatcher is so very pretty, love the colours.

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 12:52, Blogger TinaTx

    Love those scissors! I don't think you can ever have too many scissors. Can't wait to see a pic of your collection. It has been awhile since I last gathered all mine in one spot and took a picture - I need to do that soon.

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 13:35, Blogger WendyJo

    Gorgeous scissors Carol and I really love the dreamcatcher too.

    As far as whether the scissors are a need or a want I would have to just say the same thing as Tinatx..one can not have too many scissors..besides what if these scissors become unavailable sometime down the road, then you are out of luck.

    Enjoy them!

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 13:40, Blogger Sally

    Those scissors ( and the others in your previous post) are gorgeous Carol. I couldn't find the seller details etc on Staci's blog so would you mind letting me have the details please? I might treat myself to a pair ( like I really need more scissors!)

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 13:48, Blogger Sally

    I found the details! I don't know how I missed them!

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 13:54, Anonymous Anonymous

    those scissors are absolutely gorgeous i really like them and i think that a collection is brill especially if you can stitch enough scissor pockets and keepers to go with them.. i am really sorry for your neighbour my prayers are with her. good luck with the work.

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 16:49, Blogger Irene

    I'm glad to hear the scissors are better in real, as I also ordered them !! The dreamcatcher is lovely.

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 17:06, Blogger All things beautiful

    Waiting impatiently for your full display of scissors. Your dream catcher looks pretty intricate. I would love to see more pics of this too.

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 17:23, Blogger Andrea

    Beautiful scissors. Yes I think we all need to see a photo of all of your scissors.

    Sew and So now do DT charm packs. They may sell the one you are looking for.

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 18:46, Blogger Karan

    Oh I really don't blame you for giving in & buying those scissors & the dreamcatcher is beautiful! :0)
    Hope you manage to get the stash you need - frustrating!

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 19:47, Blogger Jennifer

    Gee, aren't they soooooooo helpful at SB&B? (note the sarcasm) Hopefully you were just charged for the chart and not the chartpack. Otherwise, I'de demand a refund!

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 20:35, Blogger Annemarie

    Very pretty pair of scissors, and I love the dreamcatcher! Sounds like you're a very busy bee. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too!

     
  • On 1 October 2008 at 22:18, Blogger DaisyGirl

    Love the scissors! My boys know not to touch my litte cross stitch scissors! Or else! They have ruined many a pair cutting stuff that needed industrial cutting shears!
    Sorry about having trouble with SB&B's.
    Donna

     
  • On 2 October 2008 at 04:15, Blogger Ruth

    Wow those are stunning scissors! Congrats.

    Good luck with the chores! Wanna dust my shelves while you're at it? :)