< iStitch
Tuesday 25 November 2008
Something old, something new ...



This morning I had to go into town and I remembered to take my camera with me. I stopped by Deal Castle to take a few photos. I wrote about this castle earlier this year (here); it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is. The bottom right hand picture shows the moat (obviously there is no water) and the tiny windows are, if I remember correctly, the windows to the cells in the dungeons! I have not been inside this castle since I was a child so maybe I should make another visit and get some inside shots?


The main picture shows the Timeball Tower  which is quite amazing. Every hour on the hour the ball rises to the top and then drops slowly back into place. When I was working I could see this from my office window but I didn't see it happen every hour but then again I was probably too busy! The top two smaller pictures show Deal Pier which has just been renovated at the end and there is now a restaurant out there. Again I need to go take a visit so I can tell you more about this. The last photo shows a view over the English Channel and it is from this angle that we can, on a clear day, see the coast of France. Unfortunately it wasn't clear enough to see today but I promise to go back and take another photo when it is visible.  


And now to a stash buy which arrived this morning. This really pretty pattern is M Designs Merry Christmas Needle Roll. I am not sure if I will get this stitched up for this coming Holiday but I will try and, if not,  it is definitely on my 'to do list' for next year. 


And today's sneak preview  ... some hem-stitching! I enjoy hem-stitching and I intend to hem-stitch Hannah Beeby once she is finished. Hannah is sadly awaiting my return from all my Holiday stitching but once this is done, she is definitely at the top of the pile!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 25 November 2008 at 14:36, Blogger staci

    Lovely pictures! Looking forward to seeing Hannah ;)

     
  • On 25 November 2008 at 20:58, Blogger Theresa

    That is a lovely town you live in~ So many interesting places!!!
    Love your new stash, and can't wait to see Hannah!!

     
  • On 26 November 2008 at 02:01, Blogger Denise

    I loved your photos of Deal. Am I
    correct that Deal was one of the
    towns where "the little ships" departed for Dunkirk? I am
    a big WWII fan and read lots of war books, just recently "The Miracle of Dunkirk" and also, the
    childrens' book "The Little Ships"
    (they departed at Deal).
    Love your blog!
    Denise

     
  • On 26 November 2008 at 05:43, Blogger Cindy F.

    Great pics and beautiful hem stitching!!

     
  • On 26 November 2008 at 06:13, Blogger Yuko

    It's quite different from Japanese castles!!
    Deal's one is beautiful, it seems like Italian (ohh I forgot the name... it's in Rome...again have got althzheimer...)

     
  • On 26 November 2008 at 06:36, Blogger Rowyn

    Great photos of Deal. I've been to Deal a few times, but never noticed the Timeball Tower.

    Looking forward to seeing Hannah Beeby and your new needleroll design when you get started.