< iStitch
Friday 14 November 2008
Do I hear sleigh bells?


I had a great finishing afternoon yesterday, not only did I finish the HOE Christmas exchange ornament, I also finished Tom's Reindeer and I made a new start on the ornament for Alex but more about that later.

I cannot, of course, show you the HOE exchange piece but I have taken pictures, albeit not spectacular ones as the light here is awful today. If it brightens up later I will retake them but here is Tom's Reindeer. The pattern is JBWs French Country Reindeer and is stitched on 35ct white Brussels linen and the floss is Glorianna's Poinsettia. I placed a jingle bell inside so you can definitely hear sleigh bells!

As I said earlier I made a start on Alex's ornament. A couple of days ago I stitched Jingle Sparkle Joy (here) for her but I think it's too large even though I stitched it on 36ct so I put it aside and I chose another pattern - a Victoria Sampler freebie (here) for Alex which is actually called Baby's First Christmas but I will alter the wording to suit. 

My Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly magazine arrived in the mail this morning. I haven't had chance for a good look but I did flick through (as you do) and a full page advertisement for Christmas in Williamsburg did jump out at me. Four fabulous teachers, Jackie du Plessis, Rae Iverson, Barbara Jackson and Joanne Harvey will be there with four even more fabulous projects! Anyone going?

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend
Take care  

Labels: , ,

 
|


28 Comments: