< iStitch
Wednesday 5 November 2008
Random Thoughts


Two packages arrived in the mail yesterday but I was unable to post details. More about this later.

Firstly, my NPI silks arrived for Random Thoughts so now I am ready for the off, but not quite yet, as I really must do my Christmas gifts and ornaments before I start anything new! The fabric I have chosen for this is 36ct pearled barley but, now I have seen the 40ct bisque that I received last week, I may just change my mind so ... watch this space! I love the NPI silk colours though and I am sure I will enjoy stitching this.


The second package came from Wendy and enclosed Valerie's Quaker Friendship RR. The fabric is Lakeside Linen's 36t Vintage Light Examplar and the threads are Crescent Colors Belle Soie in Creme de Menthe and Glorianna Silk in Birch Brown. This is such a beautiful colour choice and the photo does not do it justice. I am itching to start my section on this one!

My reason for no post yesterday was that I went to Canterbury with a close friend. We attempted some gift shopping but just ended up wandering the shops looking at the Christmas displays and then went to an Italian restaurant for lunch where the chicken risotto I had was absolutely delicious. As my friend has been unwell we didn't stay out for too long as I didn't want to overtire her so, after another hour window shopping, we came home. I did mean to take my camera and take a photo of Canterbury Cathedral but, as usual, I forgot the camera - sorry! 

Tonight our Stitch-n-Bitch group are celebrating the birthdays of our very own two 'Halloween Witches' - Sue and Sylvie with dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant and I will take the camera for a photo shoot! 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


10 Comments:


  • On 5 November 2008 at 12:00, Anonymous Anonymous

    Amazing combination of colors and fabric in quaker RR! :)

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 12:56, Blogger Yuko

    Your NPI silks are looking so beautiful!
    And the quaker RR is gorgeous!!
    My mouse has broken today, so it's very annoying...
    I don't like touch pad to scroll down or up, sucks!

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 13:15, Blogger Hazel

    Where do you get the pearled barley from and the bisque?? Is it Lakeside linens. I love the look of that Vintage exaemplar too. Btw I found some jingles but I am doing a rouched ribbon so will try and squeeze them on whilst I rouch round lol!!

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 15:09, Blogger staci

    Your silks look yummy! And that RR is really lovely too :)

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 15:10, Blogger WendyJo

    Those NPI silks are gorgeous Carol and I love the quaker RR as well. Please show a pic after you have stitched your part..I would love to see the progress..it's such a pretty piece.

    Enjoy your dinner with your group and yes..take a pic!

    {{HUGS}}

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 15:17, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    So glad you and your friend had a lovely day in Canterbury. I can imagine it looked really pretty with Christmas preparations under way.

    I love your little pile of NPI silks, just running your fingers through them must be blissful :>)

    The Quaker RR looks beautiful. I love those colours.
    Hugs, Angela

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 16:22, Blogger AnnMcD

    Carol,

    Thanks for your kind comments concerning the shoplifting in my little store. I have heard of RR's going missing and I really feel for you. Good for you to nt give up though and get involed in another one. I have only been involved in one big RR and I guess I was fortunate because everyone of the 11 of us got all our stitching back. Soory that you had that bad experience.

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 18:24, Blogger valerie

    Oh yay!! The RR looks great! I was doubtful of the color combo but am super happy now. You took such a great photo Carol! Can't wait to see the section you stitch once you're done.

    Lovely silks!

    And have fun with your group today. Drink a margarita for me! :)

     
  • On 6 November 2008 at 03:14, Anonymous Anonymous

    Let's see, you finished your "Quaker Blackbird," then I finished mine. Now you're stitching "Random Thoughts." Maybe when you finish yours, I'll finish mine, too!

    I've been thinking about getting it out again (it's languished for far too long). I'll look forward to seeing yours for inspiration!

     
  • On 6 November 2008 at 11:59, Blogger Rachel

    I love the Quaker design you are working on. It is quite beautiful, especially the colors :)

    Ah, Canterbury. I had a chance to take a tour of the Canterbury Cathedral when I was over in England. I loved it. Though I am jealous that you got to window shop :) In cities such as that, you definitely need a day to wander!

    Good luck on your Christmas stitching :)