< iStitch
Saturday 25 October 2008
It's a Girl!


Some new stash arrived today. My JCS 2008 Ornament mag - I must admit that I am a bit disappointed with it this year as there is nothing that immediately jumps out saying 'Stitch Me' 'Stitch Me' but I will read through it again later and maybe that will happen. Along with the magazine were two gorgeous cuts of fabric, a piece of 40ct linen in Bisque and some 36ct pearled barley linen - I have no idea what I will be stitching on these but I am positive they will not go to waste! The two skeins of threads that make an appearance in the picture are Caron Waterlilies in Peacock and Polar Ice. And yes the scissors you can see are the Chinese Dragons that I won on Ebay a few weeks back. These have pretty engraved handles but the reflection of the sun makes it difficult to see - try clicking on the picture - you can just make out the engraving.    
 

And now an update on Quaker Blackbird. As you can see I had a good run on this last night but ... why is there always a 'but'? ... I thought the fabric I was using was 36ct - it certainly had a tag in the corner that said 36ct - but alas I think it's 32ct as the design is stitching up larger than I had wanted. I will finish stitching it but I will have to re-think my finish. It certainly is a lot easier on the eyes to stitch on 32ct but I do so love the delicacy of a higher count fabric so I will probably stitch this again at some point.

I also finished the Quaker SAL with Yuko but as it needs ironing I will wait for it to be framed before I show a 'finished' picture. Yuko and I are now planning on another SAL and have chosen a LHN piece this time round. 


And now, in case you were wondering about the title of my post ...

As you know Mr Mouse passed away last Wednesday and I thank you all for your kind words and condolences. He was laid to rest in a befitting matter although some of his friends imbibed too much Apple juice at the wake and caused a riot but that is another story! 

May I now introduce to you the latest addition to the family. Ken called into 'Mouse World' (or did he say PC World?) after he finished work last night and chose from a large litter this beautiful little girl mouse who I shall henceforth call 'Milly'. Isn't Milly beautiful? Just look at her glossy white coat and that adorable little scroll button and she behaves perfectly too. She not only scrolls upwards and sideways but downwards too! I think Milly and I will be very happy together. 

Thanks for visiting - enjoy the weekend and
Take care

Labels: , , ,

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 25 October 2008 at 13:35, Blogger Hazel

    Hehe welcome little mouse! I got my mag today too. I like it although I don't have any of the others to compare it to. Nice fabric too. x

     
  • On 25 October 2008 at 14:15, Blogger anna s.

    Oh how I understand you with the high count. Especially for some charts, I just hate them big. I'm doing a CHS now over one on 40ct, what a delightful result. I have tons of unfinished pieces just because they're too big. Not sure what I'll ever do with them. Such a loss of time and money :(
    On the other topic, it's too funny, because this year I LOVE the magazine and there are several charts my fingers would like to work on ASAP!

     
  • On 25 October 2008 at 14:25, Blogger Yuko

    Beautiful scissors, Carol!
    And I love linens you bought!
    They are beautiful as well.
    I'm going to stitch Quaker Faith from now, as I didn't stitch last night it's unfinished yet.
    Hopefully it will be finished tonight and post some photos of it tomorrow!
    ((special hugs)) to my surrogate MIL

    xx Yuko

     
  • On 25 October 2008 at 18:04, Blogger Karan

    Congratulations on the new addition to the family. :0)
    Very lovely stash.... & those scissors are to die for. :0)
    I love this years mag & found lots I want to stitch - though found last years a little disappointing.
    Looking forward to seeing a pic of F,H,L when it's been framed. :0)

     
  • On 25 October 2008 at 18:41, Blogger Irene

    Love those scissors !! Milly is a cutie !

     
  • On 25 October 2008 at 20:59, Blogger Cindy F.

    Oh, congratulations on your new addition! Quaker Blackbird is looking great. Hate to hear about the stitch count, but your attitude is certainly positive:) Can't wait to see more!

     
  • On 26 October 2008 at 01:03, Anonymous Anonymous

    You're clipping along nicely on "Quaker Blackbird." I started the border on mine last night, but I fell asleep partway through. Not much stitching on yon horizon for me. [sigh]

    Milly is adorable. Reminds me of my little one. Hope she is a great addition to your family.

     
  • On 26 October 2008 at 09:17, Blogger Karoline

    I hope Milly fits into the family well :) Quaker Blackbird is looking gorgeous and you got some lovely stash

     
  • On 26 October 2008 at 11:33, Blogger Susimac

    Hello wee Milly, what a wonderful addition to your family she's sooo cute !!!

    Love the new scissors, very snazzy! I love my new ornie mag, I found loads I want to do, for me this is one of the better years.

     
  • On 26 October 2008 at 23:43, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, hi there :>)
    Your little mouse looks a real treasure dressed up in her pink ribbon, I'm sure she will be very happy making you happy. I love your work on the Quaker Blackbird and totally understand what you mean about wrongly labelled fabric. Several times i've been told a piece is 36 count when it's 32 in disguise. I'm stitching on 36 at the moment and there is no doubt it definitely IS 36 :>)

    Your scissors are gorgeous and will be a real pleasure to use. What a fab package of stash came with it, the linen sounds lovely and the Waterlilies are just beautiful. i have those colours and love them.

    I've just been over to Su's blog and seen the beautiful pinkeep you stitched for her. What a lovely colour to choose. It positively glows with a warm light. I wanted to ask about the floss drops. I saw them on your blog in a previous post a few days ago when I was trying to catch up but I will email you :>)
    Warm wishes, Angela

     
  • On 27 October 2008 at 12:37, Blogger WendyJo

    I recently tackled my first project on 40 ct and really enjoyed it alot! I love your new stash too. Those scissors are really pretty.

    I really like Milly too..I think she will definitely be a great addition to your family :)

     
  • On 27 October 2008 at 14:20, Blogger staci

    I got my scissors Friday...thanks for the enabling, LOL ;)

     
  • On 28 October 2008 at 22:05, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I had your little mouse and it was really lovely but I love my tracker thingy on my little mac so sold it on eBay. Anyway back to t I love what you have done on the Blackbird Quaker it is just gorgeous.

     
  • On 30 October 2008 at 02:03, Blogger Melissa

    Enjoy your Mighty Mouse!! Aren't they just the cutest thing ever? Milly is adorable. :)