< iStitch
Tuesday 14 October 2008
It's Su's fault!


Ever since I saw the Sajou Mini Sewing Set on Su's blog I knew that I had to have it too! Those tiny 'Monster' scissors called out to me "Buy me, Buy me" so as I did not spend too much at the Knitting and Stitching Show I decided to treat myself. The package arrived this morning (quick shipping from Susan at Hanging by a Thread) and it is even more delightful than the pictures show. 

I also received a package from The Sampler Guild with a fat quarter of 36ct Puck Elne of Lynnyn fabric. You can see just see a peek of this fabric under the scissors (click on the picture for a close-up view). It's a lovely shade of hand-dyed linen and TSG website states that Puck is 'another tea-dyed linen but with a beautiful sandy cast' - it is beautiful - trust me!

I am ashamed to admit that I did not pick up a needle and thread yesterday as I made the most of the weather and went out into the garden with my latest book. It's called 'True Evil' by Greg Iles and is a gripping thriller about "a divorce attorney who has a cluster of clients whose spouses have all conveniently died apparently of natural causes ...". Well worth reading.

Nearly forgot, for those of you looking for a new look to your blog, I came across a website at the weekend here which has some extremely pretty templates. I could have saved myself an awful lot of work if I had discovered it sooner but I'm pleased with my new look and with a bit more 'tweaking' it will be just right.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 14 October 2008 at 14:13, Blogger Yuko

    Your Sajou's sewing set is so beautiful!
    I have a pair of Sajou's scissors and want to collect them, but they are quite expensive, aren't they?!
    I like the title of this post, anyway, lol

    Your blog looks pretty with falling heart icons!
    Congratulations!

     
  • On 14 October 2008 at 18:37, Blogger WendyJo

    Love the falling hearts Carol and that sewing set is really lovely.

     
  • On 14 October 2008 at 22:21, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I love your Sajou sewing set and really covet the scissors. I'm afraid they shall have to wait until next year before I can buy anything more. Love the look of your blog. I cheated and got one from somebody who has free sets. Until next time. Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 00:10, Blogger Theresa

    What a beautiful set!! They sure are contagious.... ;-)
    The falling hearts are such a nice touch!!!

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 00:21, Blogger staci

    Hurray! You got it! It does look wonderful...enjoy!

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 02:12, Blogger Daffycat

    Hey, we could collect something boring and useless ~ right? Cute buy...you deserve a treat!

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 04:55, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Oooh you're becoming quite the scissor conniseur!

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 09:34, Blogger Annemarie

    You're right, your blog does look lovely just the way it is :o)
    Love your sewing set and the fabric.

    That book you're reading sounds like it should be fun. And inspiring :o)))

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 09:51, Blogger Veronica

    Beautiful Sajou stitching set. I love how it's put together and the scissors is so cute.

    As to your question regarding the silk chenille, Vikki has not listed it in white but you can buy any colour and in your order's comments area ask for white.

    If you just wanna try it out, you can ask for 1 free yard of it in white with any order.

    Hope that helps. Email me (addy in my profile) if you have any more questions.

     
  • On 15 October 2008 at 10:37, Blogger Veronica

    Emailed you ^.^

     
  • On 17 October 2008 at 17:10, Blogger Susimac

    Tee hee we are as bad as each other I went and bought a Crop a dile too, cos I liked the sound of yours LOL!!

     
  • On 18 October 2008 at 18:31, Blogger Olga

    Oh, what a pretty Sajou's sewing set you got! Congratulations!