< iStitch
Saturday 11 October 2008
Alexandra Palace


Last Thursday Stitch-n-Bitch went 'on tour' to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in London. We set out bright and early and, to make the trip even more pleasant, the sun decided to pay us a visit. Inside the foyer was a coral reef completely made from wool and also a huge piece of knitting on gigantic needles. Once inside the main hall we split up and arranged to meet for lunch. Apart from stalls there were also exhibits from design students although I am not sure I could see me in that 'Jack Frost' hat or those pretty dresses! I saw that Edgar had a stall there too - where were you Edgar? At 1.30pm we met at our designated meeting place and, as it was such a beautiful day, we went outside to sit on the steps to eat our picnic lunches. From the steps we had a wonderful view over London and we even managed to get a photo of us together. The day passed very quickly and even though we left London at 3.45pm, we did not get home until gone 7pm - the traffic was horrendous.   

 

And now to the stash haul. I was a tad disappointed that there were not as many stitching stalls as I would have liked but I did manage to pick up some pretty finishing fabrics, some teeny weeny buttons, some Glorianna silk threads, some abc braiding and a beautiful jade scissor fob. I think this is actually a mobile (cell) phone charm but who says I can't use it as a scissor fob? The symbol means 'Double Happiness'. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


15 Comments: