< iStitch
Monday 13 October 2008
No Monday morning blues!

The weekend has flown past at an amazing speed but at least I don't have the Monday morning blues. The sun is out and no work! My daughter Nicola and her family have returned home after a two week break in Turkey so it will be great to catch up with her this week and Kirby has gone to Amsterdam on a tour of the textiles museums. Ken started on a new site this week too so I am 'home alone'. The laundry is done and the house is clean, so the rest of my day is free. 

Not much on the stitching side over the weekend although I did stitch the "Ice Princess" from The Gift of Stitching (December 2007). I'm not too keen on the 'eyes' so I may substitute tiny black beads here. I did change the ornaments hanging from the antlers as the pattern calls for queen stitches but I preferred to put beads there instead. I tried using Swaroski 4mm crystals but they were too big and I didn't have any smaller ones in the right colours. I love the silver ice skates though! This is going to be made into an ornament for Georgia, the youngest of my grandchildren, although I am not exactly sure which finish I will use for it yet. This afternoon I want to stitch JBW Designs French Country Reindeer so I must decide which fabric and floss to use for this although I am thinking red on white will look good.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


15 Comments: