< iStitch
Monday 20 October 2008
Quaker SAL


Yuko and I decided to do a private SAL with Midnight Stitching's Quaker Faith Hope Love and the above photo shows the fabric and threads I decided to use for mine. The fabric is 36ct Edinburgh linen in flax and the silks are Au Ver a Soie in Creme, 1424 (blue) and 4624 (red). I made a small start on this over the weekend and will post a WIP photo shortly. 

I finished a exchange gift over the weekend too but of course I cannot show this yet so I will be putting my package together shortly so I can get it in the mail to the recipient. Suffice it to say that I like it and I really hope she does too! 



Now for those of you who complain that their husbands do not buy them flowers - look away now. Ken buys me flowers every weekend and has done so right through our marriage. These are the beautiful red roses that I received on Saturday and I could not resist taking a picture with the sunlight catching them - aren't they gorgeous?

Thanks for visiting
Take care  

Labels:

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 20 October 2008 at 12:20, Blogger Yuko

    Can't believe!
    Ken brought a bunch of floweres every weekend???
    I didn't know where there is such a thoughtful husband out there!
    These few years, my husband even forget about my birthday... :(
    You are very lucky lady, Carol to have such a sweet husband like Ken!

    How is your Quaker SAL going?
    I have done LOVE short while ago!

     
  • On 20 October 2008 at 15:48, Blogger Cindy F.

    Ahhh....what a sweet husband:)!!!!
    Did I say sweet? I meant, what an INCREDIBLY sweet husband and a wonderful continuous gift!

     
  • On 20 October 2008 at 16:22, Blogger Veronica

    I got this in my stash that I had forgotten about! I'm almost tempted to join in the SAL too. LOL!

    Beautiful roses. Flowers every weekend? Your husband is so sweet!

     
  • On 20 October 2008 at 19:47, Blogger Anne

    Beautiful roses Carol!Your husband is so sweet!

     
  • On 20 October 2008 at 21:35, Blogger valerie

    Awwww!!! Ken is such a sweetie...you're a lucky lady!

    Can't wait to see how the SAL comes along.

     
  • On 21 October 2008 at 06:00, Blogger Rowyn

    Looking forward to seeing your Quaker SAL with Yuko.

    What a sweet DH! I have only had flowers from my OH once, and if I remember correctly he said he was sending his Mum some so thought he'd send me some too. Charming! LOL

     
  • On 21 October 2008 at 12:42, Blogger Janice Lois

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • On 21 October 2008 at 13:32, Blogger WendyJo

    What beautiful roses! That is a wonderful husband you have there Carol.

     
  • On 21 October 2008 at 15:33, Blogger Susimac

    Gorgeous flowers, I'm lucky too as Mark buys me flowers every week too, I always feel so spoiled.