< iStitch
Monday 3 November 2008
Sheep and more buttons!


Although I didn't seem to have much spare time this weekend, I managed to get some stitching time and nearly finished the above. I did order some silk chenille from Vikki Clayton for the sheep but, being the impatient person that I am, I couldn't wait for it to arrive so I used the recommended DMC floss instead. And, anyway, maybe the silk chenille would be too thick to stitch on 40ct fabric? I guess those sheep need some tails too! I am sure all you LHN addicts out there will recognise the above but what is it? No prizes for guessing correctly though! It was a quick and fun stitch and I can't wait to start the finishing of it. Today I'm back to stitching Christmas ornaments although I do have a few to 'finish' so it looks like another marathon finishing day is on the cards shortly. 


And now, for all you button and scissor fob addicts, here are the latest button scissor fobs that Cathy at Golden Needle has to offer. Aren't they just delightful? They cost $10 plus postage and packing so go visit Cathy now whilst these are still available. 

It's another dull and dreary day here in the UK but at least it's not raining! I am not sure I will survive the winter if this carries on; I really need some sunshine.

Thanks for visiting
Take care 

Labels:

 
|


11 Comments:


  • On 3 November 2008 at 12:04, Blogger Yuko

    Hi Carol,
    Your LHN piece is looking so lovely!
    ahaha, you too are impatient person? me too! So I bought MOCO instead using Chenille! :D
    As I made Biscornu recently I feel like making more smalls than a large piece now!
    I'm going to choose some design to stitch from now!

    Take care and have a lovely week!

    Yuko ((hugs))
    and SMILe!

     
  • On 3 November 2008 at 15:14, Blogger staci

    Your LHN looks lovely...can't wait to see the whole thing :) We spent a very busy weekend around the house, I was able to get all my work done~~so today I'm catching up on my blogroll and then on to my needles!

    Sending you a bit of Colorado sunshine, {{hugs}}

     
  • On 3 November 2008 at 16:02, Blogger Edgar

    What a cute sheep piece!! I think we got all the rain this weekend as it poured all day Sat and was dark and dismal all Sunday - It is lovely winter in the Bay area!!!

     
  • On 3 November 2008 at 18:24, Blogger Theresa

    The LHN piece is so cute~~ I'm sure the finishing will be great as well!!

    We are still having summer like temperatures here in Texas.... I can't believe it's November already....

     
  • On 3 November 2008 at 21:15, Blogger angelasweby

    It may be dull, dreary and quite chilly here in the UK Carol but it's certainly bright and cheerful on your blog :>) I love that LHN design, your little sheep are so pretty.

    Those little button fobs are so sweet and must be quite theraputic to run through your fingers, a bit like worry beads which calm and sooth a restless spirit...haha!
    Warm wishes Angela
    www.picturetrail.com/angelasweby

     
  • On 4 November 2008 at 00:25, Anonymous Anonymous

    Had to laugh when you described ordering the thread, then proceeding with the one on hand. That's SO like me!!

    Your sheep are very sweet.

     
  • On 4 November 2008 at 01:39, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    cute little sheepies Carol!!!

     
  • On 4 November 2008 at 19:05, Blogger Sally

    I love the look of the LHN, CArol, and can't wait to see it all finished up.

     
  • On 4 November 2008 at 19:07, Blogger Cindy F.

    cute stitch and love the fobs!

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 00:51, Blogger Olga

    Your LHN piece is very cute. I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

     
  • On 5 November 2008 at 01:40, Blogger WendyJo

    adorable LHN Carol and cute fobs! I just *know* you are not trying to enable anyone (hehehe).

    We have one more nice day here in Iowa before dreary weather sets in for us...

    Sending you {{hugs}}