< iStitch
Tuesday 18 November 2008
HOE Christmas exchange



I heard from Chris that she received the ornament I sent to her for the HOE Christmas exchange. This is my adaptation of Milady's Needle Quaker Christmas Smalls; I stitched all three sides from each pattern but removed the outside 'boxes' to make one 3-sided ornament. It is stitched on 40ct antique white linen using DMC threads. The three tiny bells at the bottom are actually twisted into the hand made cord and inside is a much larger jingle bell! I did, of course, send her a goody package too but I did not take a picture of what I sent. Maybe Chris will post a picture of the whole exchange on her blog.

For the past few days I have not put a needle to fabric! I had visitors over the weekend and yesterday I went to Canterbury with my daughter, Nicola, to get some Christmas gifts. The stores were packed with people and it's only November; I hate to think what they will be like as Christmas gets closer! Luckily the rest of what I need to buy I can either get online or at my local shops so it will be a while before I go shopping there again. 

Today it's cold and damp - brrrr - but who cares? I am going to have a stitch day!

Thanks for visiting and thanks too for all the lovely comments being left - they are very much appreciated.
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


23 Comments: