< iStitch
Saturday 3 January 2009
A gift, a card and a pantomime!


I received a lovely gift from Staci just before the holiday period - a pair of unusual scissors with an initialled ribbon trim. Aren't they just gorgeous? Thank you Staci. 



This morning I received a traditional Japanese New Year's card from Yuko. What a lovely tradition - thank you Yuko.

Megan (13 years)


Last night we went to the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone to see our grand-daughter Megan who was in the chorus of Dick Whittington pantomime; Megan is the budding actress in the family! It was well produced and a most enjoyable performance although it was a shame there was not a better turnout as there were a lot of empty seats. We are going to the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury on January 14 to see another pantomime - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. 

On the stitching front: one of my upcoming exchanges is nearly stitched and also the piece I am stitching for my blogaversary giveaway (here). I will post a photo of the giveaway as soon as it's ready. I am also going to stitch an ornament for the 2009 Challenge in the next few days and then I'll have a 'finishing' session.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


8 Comments:


  • On 3 January 2009 at 12:19, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, hi there,
    Megan looks absolutely lovely. Bet you felt really proud watching her in the panto.
    I had a fab NY card from Yuko too. It's such a lovely tradition. I love the way it's personalized!!
    Your gift from Staci is so pretty. What lovely scissors and the little trim is so sweet.
    Enjoy this fresh new year, it's lovely and sunny here. Hope it is where you are!
    Warm wishes, Angela

     
  • On 3 January 2009 at 12:41, Blogger Yuko

    Oops! If you have told me that you will show my NY card on the blog, I wrote more beautifully, though!! LOL
    We don't send Christmas card much, NY's card is the tradition of Japanese culture.
    Megan is such a lovely girl, you should be very proud of her, I wanted to see the panto!!

    I will write you soon!
    ((hugs))

    Yuko

     
  • On 3 January 2009 at 14:15, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Hi Carol, Megan is just gorgeous and I'm sure she performed like a star in the pantomime and your were the proud Grandma that we us Grandmas are. Isn't it just the best being a Grandma - they are my reward for not killing my children! I love what you got from Staci - I am almost as crazy about collecting scissors now as the rest of the stash I have. I wish you and yours a very happy & healthy New Year. Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 4 January 2009 at 04:54, Blogger Cindy F.

    Wonderful gift from Staci and such a pretty pic of your granddaughter!

     
  • On 4 January 2009 at 10:30, Blogger Susimac

    What a wonderful pic of your grand daughter.
    Lovely card from Yuko and nice scissors from Staci too.
    Enjoy the next panto.

     
  • On 6 January 2009 at 03:12, Blogger Von

    Watching anything my grandchildren do is pure delight! I'm sure you were enthralled watching Megan in the panto. :)

     
  • On 7 January 2009 at 13:17, Blogger Wendy

    How exciting to see your granddaughter performing on stage! She is a lovely girl!!

     
  • On 7 January 2009 at 18:57, Blogger WendyJo

    What a lovely granddaughter you have Carol. What a fun production! Great gift from Staci. Love those scissors! Sweet card from Yuko as well. Thanks for sharing!