< iStitch
Monday 26 January 2009
An exchange and a RAK


Recently Becky and I did a personal exchange and now that Becky has received her package I can show you the mattress pincushion that I did for her. I knew exactly what I wanted to stitch for Becky - check out all those tiny bees! The pattern is a CA Wells design from a class I took with her in Cape Cod in 2002 called 'Stitching in the Garden' which I amended very slightly. It is stitched on 30ct Brussels linen with Glorianna Winter Woods, NPI silk threads and DMC 12 perle cotton 642.


This morning I received a lovely package from Anita of Little Stitches. Anita is a really talented lady - go visit her blog and/or her website to see some of her lovely designs which can be purchased at such a reasonable cost. In the package were some Access Thread Drops, a Cover Button Kit and extra buttons, some shaped and coloured eyelets. some needles and a skein of Carrie's Creation silk floss in a gorgeous share of mauve and teal called Epithany. I've not tried this silk floss before and I am looking forward to giving this a try. Thank you Anita for such a lovely gift. I have something a bit different planned for these buttons so watch this space!

At last the sun has made an appearance and I feel so much better this morning so I am planning on some 'finishing' today. I have two exchanges which should be sent out next weekend so hopefully I will be on time. I was beginning to panic a bit as usually my exchanges are stitched, finished and mailed well before the deadline! 

I did stitch some over the weekend as I made a start on my Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL and I will post a picture tomorrow. I found it quite comforting to curl up on the sofa and lose myself in a few Quaker motifs and I am very pleased with both the fabric and floss that I have chosen. 

Thanks for visiting
Take are 

Labels: , , ,

 
|


18 Comments:


  • On 26 January 2009 at 12:06, Blogger Nima

    wow...beautiful finishing

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 13:02, Blogger staci

    That mattress pincushion is STUNNING! I was drooling over it on Becky's blog :) Your stitching and finishing are second to none!!!

    Enjoy your gift from the very sweet Anita...how thoughtful! I'm glad the sun is shining in your neck of the woods {{hugs}}

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 13:23, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I love that mattress pinkeep it is absolutely STUNNING!!!! As Staci said your stitching and finishing is absolutely totally MAGNIFICENT.

    What a lovely gift you received from Anita. You are a really special person. All My Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 14:05, Blogger Sally

    Your mattress pincushion is gorgeous CArol.

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 14:39, Blogger Nic

    That is so gorgeous, I can't believe you could bear to give it away!

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 15:47, Blogger siesta

    Very elegant! I like the colors, which is used CA Wells in their designs!

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 16:16, Blogger Karan

    Another enjoyable catch up - so many beautifully stitched & finished pieces. Congratulations on the two awards too. Great gifts too. :0)
    Hope you're feeling much better now.

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 17:30, Blogger doris

    The bees are wonderful, as is your finishing. Glad you're feeling better.

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 18:09, Blogger Andrea

    Wonderful finishing. A great gift from Anita too.

     
  • On 26 January 2009 at 19:32, Blogger Michele

    what a lovely matress pincushion! Your finishing always makes me drool!

    Very nice RAK from Anita.

    So glad to hear you are starting to feel better!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 01:07, Blogger Theresa

    Gorgeous mattress pincushion!!!! Your finish is just amazing!!!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 01:08, Blogger Yuko

    How beautiful! Your mattress pincushion is so beautiful, the colour and your finishing is stunning!
    You are so talented, Carol!!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 04:39, Blogger Cindy F.

    Love the bees! Beautiful pincushion and I know Becky loves it!
    What a wonderful RAK from Anita!
    She's so sweet:)

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 08:17, Anonymous Anonymous

    Carol, just love the mattress pincushion you made for Becky! GORGEOUS!!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 08:29, Blogger Akila

    Wow, the pincushion looks great. Your finishing is just great, as others have said too.
    Please do stop by my blog when you have time.
    http://mostly-xstitch-and-somemore.blogspot.com/

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 09:54, Blogger Annemarie

    WOWZER. That mattress pin cushion is gor-geous, Carol! Really. Words fail me. Lucky Becky.
    Oooh, and you made a start with Bea? Isn't she addictive? I can't wait to see your choice of fabric and threads!

     
  • On 28 January 2009 at 11:12, Blogger Starry-eyed stitcher

    That mattress cushion is just beautiful. How on earth did you finish the edge like that? You are so clever? Irene

     
  • On 17 February 2021 at 04:36, Blogger Judy

    Everything looks wonderful! Your mattress stitched pieces is stunning! I just love to shop with Anita... she always has the threads I need and ships almost next day!! Love her heart too!
    So excited to see Beatrix Potter! I started her about a year ago and realized that GAST had changed the floss color I picked, so I sat her aside to think just pulled her back out with a solution of adding a darker same color on a few motifs and I am back to stitching her. She is my yearly piece!! The floss color you’ve chosen is fantastic!!