< iStitch
Tuesday 27 January 2009
Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler



As I mentioned yesterday I have made a start on my Beatrix Potter SAL. After feeling so unwell this past week or so,  I found it quite therapeutic to stitch these Quaker motifs and I am not sure that I will be able to make this a year long project! I have actually finished the unfinished motif in the picture and stitched the large flower motif and made a start on another one since taking this shot. The fabric is a 36ct linen called Puck which I got from The Sampler Guild for an entirely different project but, when I did a floss toss, the HDF Raisin Wine silk floss, which I had already chosen for this project, called out for this fabric. 

Yesterday I started the finishing of exchanges for the end of the month. One of these exchange pieces is a bit fiddly with having to wait for glue to dry etc but it's nearly finished and I am pleased with the result so far. Obviously no pictures of these yet!

Lost has returned to UK television. I had forgotten how much I enjoy this programme and last Sunday we had a 2 hour episode - if only all episodes were 2 hours long! I had actually forgotten that it was on and watched the Dancing on Ice skate off without recording Lost but luckily we have multi-start on our Sky HD box so I was still able to watch it. Is Locke really dead or will he recover once he returns to the island? If the island has now gone back 3 years in time, does that mean that those that have died during the those 3 years are now alive, Jin, Charlie, Anna Lucia et al? Will Hurley ever lose those extra pounds? And talking of Dancing on Ice - isn't Ray Quinn the complete package? And Todd Carty, what can I say about Todd? He is the most entertaining skater I have ever seen; I just hope he doesn't kill himself in the process!

The household chores are beckoning so I must sign off - enjoy your day.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 27 January 2009 at 11:00, Blogger Sally

    Wow, Carol, your BP Sampler is looking gorgeous. I love the colour of your thread and also your fabric. I stuck with plain old cream fabric for mine! Lol!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 13:17, Blogger doris

    Carol, I truly think you've chosen perfect fabric and fiber for BP. It's beautiful. I haven't started yet (the Garden of Eden has a hold on me), but I've been thinking a lot about splotchy fabric.

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 14:12, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Carol my friend it looks amazing and you have chosen completely right.

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 17:48, Blogger Brigitte

    A perfect match of fabric and thread colour for your Beatrix potter. And yes, stitching these Quaker motifs can be addictive ...

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 19:03, Blogger Karan

    Love your colour choices - stunning! :0)

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 22:14, Blogger Michele

    BP is lovely! I do love the fabric and floss you choose .. perfect :)

    We were really excited that Lost is back too! I'm really intrigued to see what happens next. I've heard that this season is all about the island and it's history .. should be exciting!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 22:34, Blogger Daffycat

    Beautiful progress. The thread color is yummy!

     
  • On 27 January 2009 at 22:50, Anonymous Anonymous

    Carol, that sampler is just perfect. I love your color choices!

     
  • On 28 January 2009 at 01:30, Blogger angelasweby

    Wow Carol,
    What a great start. I can't believe how quickly you are stitching this up. The colour really is lovely. Can't wait to see the next progress picture.
    Hugs, Angela

     
  • On 28 January 2009 at 02:10, Blogger staci

    Your start on BP is really lovely Carol! I've been thinking I need a little quaker therapy too :)

     
  • On 28 January 2009 at 10:55, Anonymous Anonymous

    Looks great Carol!

     
  • On 28 January 2009 at 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous

    Very beautiful beginning, perfect match of fabric and thread colors!

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 19:23, Blogger Deb

    Hi, Carol! I think you've made great progress on your BPQS. I'm just starting mine...you'll see from my posting...fabric has held me up! Wish I could join you on the "Lost" watcher's list, but I'm completely lost on that show!! I've never been able to follow it! Hugs, Deb

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 20:17, Blogger Lelia

    Wonderful progress on your SAL : )