< iStitch
Wednesday 18 February 2009
An award and a charm!


The lovely Su nominated me for the Special Friends Award and "Love" Pendant. The description for this award reads "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind of writers. When you pass this award along please include these guidelines. I am to choose eight friends to share this with". 

Su and I have become friends though our love of stitching and blogging. Thank you Su! 

My nominations are people whose blogs and stitching inspire me and have thus become friends are:

1  Amy
2  Deb
3  Edgar
4  Valerie
5  Valie
6  Wendy Jo
7  Yuko

No 8 goes back to Su!



Back in January I stitched an ornament for the 2009 Christmas Challenge (here) but was unable to complete the back as I did not have the Charland Mistletoe charm. It has now arrived so I will be attaching it to the back of the ornament at long last!

Great mail delivery today. My new magnifier has arrived and I will take a picture later to show you - it's a monster! Valie has sent me some Gander linen from France - 40 and 50 count - yes I did say 50 count - so I think that the new magnifier will immediately be put to use! Thank you Valie! Edgar's Quaker Friendship RR has arrived too and I think this is the last one I have to stitch on. Despite 3 of the RRs going missing, we have all re-stitched and it won't be too long before this RR will be completed as two have made it home already. 

After an exhausting weekend and a busy Monday and Tuesday, I have decided to give myself a day off today! A day off means a stitching day - does anyone want to join me?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


11 Comments:


  • On 18 February 2009 at 11:34, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well, I have taken a day off, alas not for stitching, but for catching up on millions of things :=(
    Merci beaucoup for nominating me - I feel very honoured. I hope you enjoy the Gander linen, I certainly will enjoy the Brussels linen, which is perfect for 1*1.
    Can't wait to see what you have stitched today !

     
  • On 18 February 2009 at 16:36, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    Congratulations on receiving thos lovely award from an equally lovely person :>) You'll just have to ping pong it back to each other..haha!
    What a lot of lovely post you received. Can't wait to see the magnifier and how sweet of Valie to send you the linen from France. There really are such lovely people out there in our stitching world :>)
    Hugs, Angela

     
  • On 18 February 2009 at 17:23, Blogger valerie

    Awww, Carol...thanks for the nomination! I feel honored! I wish I could play hooky from work to stitch with you. There are a million projects floating around in my head! Hope you have a wonderful stitchy day.

     
  • On 18 February 2009 at 18:00, Blogger Andrea

    50! I take it you won't be stitching 1/1 on that!

     
  • On 18 February 2009 at 19:02, Blogger Karan

    Congratulations on the award. Sounds like a very nice post day. :0)

     
  • On 19 February 2009 at 03:33, Blogger Cindy F.

    Congrats on your award AND your mistletoe charm coming in! WOOHOO!!
    50 ct....seriously? ..lol..I would need some serious coke glasses!!

     
  • On 19 February 2009 at 05:17, Blogger Yuko

    Thank you SO much Carol for this sweet award!
    I'm so happy to receive it from you!! :)
    It really made my day!
    Thanks again!

    Kisses and hugs from Y and T

     
  • On 21 February 2009 at 00:17, Blogger Ruth

    I wanna stitch with you! How about I stitch in your honor tomorrow since I haven't done a lick of stitching today and I doubt tonight holds much promise. but tomorrow I'll be working at my LNS and haelping babysit my friend's nieces and nephew... plenty of stitching time there. :)

     
  • On 21 February 2009 at 08:50, Blogger Susimac

    Hope you had a great day stitching, I did a mine on Thursday when I had a extra day off. Thats charm is so lovely and is the perfect touch for your lovely mistletoe ornie.

     
  • On 21 February 2009 at 22:40, Blogger Von

    Congrats on the award, Carol!
    Can't wait to see your magnifier and a project started on that 50 ct linen. :D

     
  • On 21 February 2009 at 23:57, Blogger Meari

    Congrats on winning the award!