< iStitch
Tuesday 17 March 2009
A great mail day!



The postman delivered two packages for me today! The first one from Wendy Jo which contained some lengths of the most gorgeous braid in cream, white, pink and burgandy, together with some beautiful pearl buttons. Thank you Wendy Jo - I can spend my recovery time deciding what to use this for although I already have some ideas!



The second package was from Edgar. At first I thought it was my QFRR returning home but then I thought no, Edgar was the first to stitch on it after me and then I gave up thinking and ripped open the package to find some Midnight Milky Ways! Dear Edgar knows that, although I can get Milky Ways here in the UK, I cannot get the dark chocolate ones which maybe is a good thing as far as my weight is concerned. Nevertheless, it did not stop me immediately scoffing one ... oh the shame ... a whole bar in such a short time ... I am such a pig but the chocolate hit was good. How can something that tastes so good be so bad? Thank you Edgar, it certainly was 'a sweet little pickup'!

I managed to 'finish' the gift I was making for a dear sweet friend who's been having a hard time of it just lately so I will make up a package in the next few days and get that in the mail shortly. Now I will work on either my miniature stitching or Beatrix Potter until my surgery. 

Talking of surgery I had a hospital appointment yesterday with the eye doctor and have discovered that I now have to have minor surgery on my right eye! What is it with me - I retire from work and start falling apart! To top it all, my throat has been sore this past couple of days and today I started sneezing - is this yet another cold? I hope it clears before next Tuesday as I don't think they will operate if I have a cold. 

Tomorrow is our trip to the V&A. I have put my camera ready and hopefully I will get some good pictures. We are taking the train so we can both relax on the journey and by the time we take petrol (gas), parking fees and the congestion charge into consideration the cost doesn't work out that much more. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 17 March 2009 at 17:29, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh goodie goodie !
    Did you share the (not so milky) chocolate with K. on the train ?

     
  • On 17 March 2009 at 18:03, Blogger Akila

    Oh, how I love milkyway!!! Anything MARS for that matter!!!
    Don't worry Carol, am sure you are going to be stitching very soon after your surgery. Take care :)

     
  • On 17 March 2009 at 18:06, Blogger valerie

    A great mail day indeed! Mmmm, I love those milky way midnights too. They are my favorite candy bar if I have chocolate.

    Have fun tomorrow at the V&A!!

     
  • On 17 March 2009 at 22:34, Blogger Kim B

    You're so spoiled :) And dark chocolate is good for you!!

     
  • On 17 March 2009 at 22:46, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Have fun at the V&A. I've always wanted to visit, but never had the opportunity.

    I'm sorry that you need eye surgery :(

     
  • On 17 March 2009 at 22:47, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    It's ok - dark chocolate isn't that bad for you and we only live once. You really did have a great mail day didn't you? I love all the ribbons from WendyJo who is just the sweetest person and I hope you both have a great day tomorrow at the V&A. Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 04:01, Blogger Theresa

    Wow!!! Wonderful packages you got there!!! Yum.... Dark milkyways....

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 04:41, Blogger Yuko

    Oh how nice friends you have!
    Lovely goodies!
    I love Milkey Way, too! but unfortunately I can't eat chocolate now... as my taste has changed recently...
    Anyways, my dear, I will e-mail you later!

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 11:44, Blogger Karan

    Very nice post. Have fin at the V&A. :0)

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 13:34, Blogger staci

    Wonderful goodies Carol! I'm so sorry that you now have to have eye surgery too, goodness!

    Have fun at V&A :)

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 14:08, Blogger WendyJo

    Enjoy the goodies Carol and the Milky Ways...mmmm

    Have fun with Kirby today :) Can't wait to hear all about it!!

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 16:18, Blogger lena-lou

    Hope you have had a good day at the V&A with Kirby :)
    After you ops you will be brand new but sorry to hear you need another one!

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 17:39, Blogger Andrea

    Great gifts. Have a lovely time at the V&A.

     
  • On 19 March 2009 at 19:05, Blogger Michele

    what fun goodies! nothing any better than some nice dark chocolate!

    Hope you aren't coming down with a cold!

     
  • On 20 March 2009 at 07:24, Blogger Margaret

    Carol
    All the best for your surgery. I hope everything goes well and that the enforced rest from stitching is not too frustrating!