< iStitch
Friday 10 April 2009
I am still being spoiled!


Yesterday I received yet two more packages in the mail. Firstly was this beautifully stitched and finished 'get well' pillow from dear Angela (no blog). Isn't it gorgeous? I love how she used the lace edging and her choice of fabric and flosses were lovely. 

And not only did Angela send me the lovely pillow, she also sent me some pretty finishing fabric and ribbons! Thank you Angela.


My second package was from sweet Edgar enclosing my favorite Altoid mints. I feel a tin topper or two coming on here! Thank you Edgar.

I went to have my stitches removed last Tuesday afternoon but it was not a good experience although I managed not to faint! She removed the two outer stitches and the wound immediately started to 'gape' so she decided to leave the middle stitch in and to put on a couple of narrow steri-strips. She then covered this with a padded dressing. By late evening my hand was really sore which I put down to having the stitches removed. The following day it was still quite sore so I removed the dressing to have a look and could see that the steri-strips had fallen off and when I moved my hand/fingers the wound was gaping open. Ken went to the pharmacy to get me some wider steri-strips yesterday so I cleaned the wound with antiseptic wipes and put these on and today it's feeling much better! The last stitch is being removed next Tuesday and then I will be able to concentrate on getting full movement back to my hand and fingers.

Obviously I have done no stitching and have been amusing myself with catching up on recorded tv shows and with a book or three! Hopefully, I will be able to put a few stitches in 'Love' over the holiday.

A Happy Easter to you all and thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


22 Comments:


  • On 10 April 2009 at 12:25, Blogger Kim B

    A gaping wound doesn't sound like fun at all! But what sweet and thoughtful gifts!

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 12:52, Blogger Miokka

    Oh my! I'm playing catch up! I hope you are all good as new, better than ever soon! You deserve to be spoiled!

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 14:16, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Lovely gifts! Enjoy your road to recovery!

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 14:41, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I was just thinking about you and there you were popping up. Angela stitched and finished that little pillow absolutely beautifully but she is a really good stitcher and finisher I must admit. The ribbons and fabric is also very lovely and I do hope you are feeling better. Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 14:58, Blogger staci

    OUCH!!! Sounds like you definitely deserve some spoiling!

    Take care Carol and Have a Wonderful Easter!

    P.S. They had a set of Lovejoy DVDs at the library, so as soon as I get a chance I'll pop one in ;)

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 15:29, Blogger Deb

    You got some great gifts! Hope that your hand heals up soon!!!

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 15:32, Blogger Sheila

    What lovely gifts from Angela and Edgar - how thoughtful they are.
    But the thought of your gaping wound.... ugh. Hope it heals quickly now.

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 16:51, Blogger valerie

    Awww, what lovely gifts! Sorry to hear about your stitches-removal incident! Oww! That sounds painful. I owe you an email bigtime but things have been quite hectic. I really wish it would slow down. I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family! :)

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 18:31, Blogger Brigitte

    Such lovely gifts from Angela and Edgar. I know Angela's stitching and finishing is fantastic. And so thoughtful.
    I hope that next time the gap will be healed and you will be completely on the mend.

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 19:02, Blogger glamlawlib

    Lovely gifts!

    I hope your wound heals quickly and that you are able to stitch soon :)

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 21:02, Blogger Theresa

    The gifts are so lovely!!!!
    The stitch removal part sounds painful!!! I hope your hand will heal up quickly!!

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 21:16, Blogger Karan

    Lovely gifts! :0) Hope the healing goes much quicker now.

     
  • On 10 April 2009 at 22:04, Blogger Margaret

    Poor Carol. What a setback. Just as well you are a competent nurse. All the best for the next visit and the rehabilitation.
    Lovely gifts - but oh so tantalising when you can't stitch!! happy reading and TV viewing

     
  • On 11 April 2009 at 03:42, Blogger Daffycat

    Such wonderful gifts...

    I sure don't like the sound of a gaping incision! You poor dear!

     
  • On 11 April 2009 at 06:39, Blogger Michele

    nice to be spoiled :) love the pillow!

    hope your healing continues to go well.

     
  • On 11 April 2009 at 14:38, Blogger angelasweby

    Hi there Carol,
    Am up at MIL's where the big 100th birthday celebrations are well under way :>)
    I'm so glad the little pillow made it to you before Easter. It was such a sweet design to stitch and a nice way to send get well wishes :>)I do hope that your hand is feeling better now that it's properly taped up with the bigger steri strips. Hopefully it will begin to knit together soon.
    What a nice gift from Edgar. Really thoughtful :>)
    Sending lots of good wishes to you and family for a lovely Easter :>)
    Warm hugs Angela

     
  • On 11 April 2009 at 16:11, Blogger WendyJo

    Wonderful gifts there Carol! You need some spoiling!

    Take care!!

    Happy Easter to you and Ken!

     
  • On 11 April 2009 at 20:13, Blogger Hazel

    Beautiful gifts. I think it was Edgar that sent me my first tin of Altoids - some chocolate covered ones mmmmmmm they didn't last long I can tell you. Hope your feeling better soon. xx

     
  • On 12 April 2009 at 01:49, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Oooh Carol your poor hand!!!!

    Lovely little giftie!

     
  • On 12 April 2009 at 04:40, Blogger Yuko

    When I just saw this pillow picture, I was sure this must be Angela's work!!!
    Bingo!!
    Her works is so delicate and beautiful, I love her pillow finish very much!
    Such a warm and thoughtful gift!

    Get well soon, SMILe!

     
  • On 12 April 2009 at 08:43, Blogger Susimac

    Lovely gifts from both Angela and Edgar.

    Hope the hand heals abit quicker for you - you take care

     
  • On 12 April 2009 at 23:22, Blogger Sonda

    Very lovely pillow and thoughtful mints from Edgar! Sorry to hear your hand is being stubborn in its healing. Hope it speeds up some!