< iStitch
Wednesday 6 January 2010
Let it snow!



While the rest of the UK is under a deluge of snow and ice this is all we have to show! Now you can see why I was so excited on my birthday when we actually had 5/6" of snow *here*. For some reason this little corner of the UK always misses out. Last year when Britain had snow, Ken left for work on a construction site some 35 miles away and returned home a couple of hours later saying he had been 'snowed off'. I wasn't too sure I believed him as the skies were blue and the sun was shining!

And talking of snow, has anyone wondered that some blogs, such as Dovile's, show pictures of their stitching laid on the snow. Does their precious stitching not get wet?

Beatrix is definitely on the home stretch. The outer vine/leaf border of the large motif in the top right hand corner is done and the flower inside is part-stitched. Once this is done I will only have the personalization to do and ... voilà! Or should that read 'phew'!

For those of you watching the Travelling Sisterhood, do not despair, it is not forgotten and I kitted it up this morning although don't forget I cannot put in a stitch until the dreaded Bea is done. Hopefully, I will enjoy TS a lot more than Bea and she will fly off my needle a lot quicker.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 6 January 2010 at 17:29, Blogger Meari

    I'd be happy with that much snow, lol. We're due to get another 6-12" in the next 24 hours.

     
  • On 6 January 2010 at 17:37, Blogger LisaG

    I wish we had just your amount of snow Carol. I'm in BR1 & it's snowed all day... me & the twins are suffering a bit of Cabin Fever!

     
  • On 6 January 2010 at 17:39, Blogger staci

    I was thinking that VERY SAME thing when looking at Dovile's pics earlier, LOL!!! The pictures are gorgeous, as is her stitching, but I really wondered about the wet part :)

     
  • On 6 January 2010 at 17:47, Blogger Hazel

    They must take those pics quick lol. Yes hurry up and finish Bea adn stop complaining haha. x

     
  • On 6 January 2010 at 18:30, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I would have been delighted with that much snow. We have soooooo much of it that I couldn't go out to Sandra's like what I was supposed to and give her her very belated XMas present! YUCK! You can come and get ours if you want. I HATE SNOW because you Brits are never ready for it and even though I have a gas guzzler of an American car I can't buy snow tyres for it here! I HATE my car anyway - only does 20 miles to the gallon and that's diesel!
    Ok that's all from me for now.
    Love
    Grouchy Patti who could't go out and play today xxx

     
  • On 6 January 2010 at 18:35, Blogger Vaida

    That's all??? All snow? Gosh... I couldn't get my children back from the yard lately, because they just bath in the snow :D :D
    And then it's cold and the snow is crisp, you can calmly make some pictures of stitched pieces in the snow - they do not get wet :)))

     
  • On 6 January 2010 at 18:53, Blogger Deb

    We're suppose to get some snow here finally (not that I'm actually looking forward to it). It seems the rest of the country (many spots that don't see snow) have gotten their fair share. And those pictures of the stitching in the snow is beautiful, she must take them quick, but they are so pretty.

     
  • On 7 January 2010 at 02:04, Blogger Erica

    If it's cold enough outside (well below freezing), the snow is frozen solid and won't melt and get stitching wet. :-)

    We've got a good foot of the stuff on the ground and it's solid. I *wish* it would melt.

     
  • On 7 January 2010 at 08:12, Anonymous Anonymous

    We were almost snowed in this morning... But a 7cm-layer of beautiful white powder was not high enough to prevent my dear husband to drive me to the station... It was still dark when I left, so I couldn't take any picture of the Plum Street Samplers piece I finished last night.
    Come over if you want to build a snowman (although I would not recommend the Eurostar these days...)

     
  • On 7 January 2010 at 09:07, Blogger Lois

    We haven't had much snow here either in my part of the UK. Some fell yesterday morning and it has now frozen to add to the ice that was already there. Definitely perfect weather to stay in and stitch!

     
  • On 7 January 2010 at 09:16, Blogger Elisa

    When I lived in Kent we got snow every winter...maybe it was just the part where I lived...don't wish for it too much!!

     
  • On 7 January 2010 at 10:20, Blogger tintocktap

    I wish for some snow too! Here in Leicester we have little more than an inch and I'd love a decent fall of snow. Mind you, we spent Christmas in south Lanarkshire sorrounded by at least 8 inches of the stuff!

    And if the light outside is good enough for taking photos then the chances are that it's cold enough not to melt if you want to photograph your stitching in it. I took photos of my stitching in the snow last February without any melting problems!