< iStitch
Thursday 4 February 2010
As easy as ABC!


Click on the picture for a close-up view

As promised yesterday here is Bleu de Soie's 'Alphabet à ...' I am having so much fun stitching this one! This picture was taken yesterday and I have stitched more since then. The back-stitched stems to the tiny flowers inside B and both the flowers and back-stitching in A are now completed but, as it's much too dark to take a new photo today, this one will have to do. The 7" hoop shown in the picture is a vintage wood Duchess Felt Cushion Hoop that I won on ebay. There is no screw to tighten it but the inside hoop is lined with felt to hold the fabric.



A detailed picture shows the 'pattern' row - I love those little carnations in the top row! I am stitching 2*2 with Soie Surfine 109 on a 48ct pale creme Gander linen so you can imagine how delicate this is.


In the past couple of days, I also stitched Jinglebell Reinder from Daffycat Designs, my January ornament for the 2010 Christmas Challenge. A few days late but 'better late than never'. I accept that it's not 'finished' but I prefer to stitch a few and then have one 'finish' day. Ken asked if this was a 'no idea' - I looked at him blankly - he said 'no eye deer' - mmmnn - I sometimes wonder how his mind works!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


15 Comments: