< iStitch
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Decisions, decisions!


It's time for a new start. The chart is chosen - 'Alphabets à ...' by Bleu de Soie; the fabric is selected - 48ct creme Gander linen; the thread is ... I cannot decide! As the fabric is a high count, I have opted to use AVAS Soie Surfine in either red or blue but which red or which blue? I rather like the denim blue but the brighter blue looks good. I also like the darkest red but the bright red look nice and then there's the peacock blue/green - oh decisions, decisions!

I have part-stitched Sew Spring. I had to go with a white linen rather than the rue green linen because, as I thought might happen, the greens of the Watermelon thread were disappearing into the green of the fabric. Pinks and greens - not my usual palette but it's pretty. Many years ago I coveted a pink and green bicycle - it was called a 'Pink Witch' - oh how I wanted that bicycle but, despite numerous letters to the guy in the red suit and pleas to the parents on my birthday, I was never to have it. Does anyone remember the Pink Witch? Did anyone have a Pink Witch?

It's dark and gloomy and threatening to rain. Where is the sun? Who has it?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
Photobucket posted by Carol R at 11:15 | Permalink | Photobucket


10 Comments:


  • On 21 January 2010 at 12:39, Blogger Danielle

    I say go with the bright red. And I can't wait to see Sew Spring!

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 13:05, Blogger Josie

    I like the bright red and the peacock blue/green.

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 13:13, Blogger Hazel

    I like the bright red and i like the peacock blue but i also like the 2nd one as well. Hmmm...

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 13:19, Blogger Susan

    Bright red!

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 14:32, Blogger DonnaTN

    I just have to put them all in a bowl, close my eyes, and pick one! They all are luscious!

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 15:18, Blogger Berit

    I can't decide...! All are too lovely, as you say. Do a randomized draw of them, and when it picks one, you will either take it, or think to yourself. But...what about the dark red? Then you would know that you had really wanted the dark red all along; this method often reveals to me what I REALLY want.

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 15:29, Blogger Amy

    I agree with what Berit said - been there, done that! lol Can't wait to see the next one Carol!

    Hugs!

     
  • On 21 January 2010 at 17:22, Blogger valerie

    I can see why you are having a problem deciding! All the colors are wonderful! Can't wait to see what you ultimately choose.

    It's windy, wet and rainy here...no sun here!

     
  • On 22 January 2010 at 06:57, Blogger Kathy A.

    Oh the demin blue - I love it!!!!
    No sun here - we have gotten 1/2 years rain in one day. Help, I need a paddle.

     
  • On 23 January 2010 at 20:27, Blogger Suzanne

    Love the colours, I can see why it would be so hard to choose. I like the denim blue.

    Where do you get the 48ct linen from, I have never seen more than 40ct? What are the AVAS Soie Surfine threads like to work with?

    I have Edgar's RR ready to post to you on Monday. Hopefully it wn't take too long to reach you.