< iStitch
Thursday 21 January 2010
Decisions, decisions!


It's time for a new start. The chart is chosen - 'Alphabets à ...' by Bleu de Soie; the fabric is selected - 48ct creme Gander linen; the thread is ... I cannot decide! As the fabric is a high count, I have opted to use AVAS Soie Surfine in either red or blue but which red or which blue? I rather like the denim blue but the brighter blue looks good. I also like the darkest red but the bright red look nice and then there's the peacock blue/green - oh decisions, decisions!

I have part-stitched Sew Spring. I had to go with a white linen rather than the rue green linen because, as I thought might happen, the greens of the Watermelon thread were disappearing into the green of the fabric. Pinks and greens - not my usual palette but it's pretty. Many years ago I coveted a pink and green bicycle - it was called a 'Pink Witch' - oh how I wanted that bicycle but, despite numerous letters to the guy in the red suit and pleas to the parents on my birthday, I was never to have it. Does anyone remember the Pink Witch? Did anyone have a Pink Witch?

It's dark and gloomy and threatening to rain. Where is the sun? Who has it?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


9 Comments: