< iStitch
Tuesday 12 January 2010
Sew Animalistic

(Click on picture for a closeup view)


Sew Animalistic is the name chosen for new iStitch chart! There were so many good suggestions that I ended up putting those I liked into my little Nantucket basket and drawing one out - the winner is Barb of Barb's Ramblings - Stitching'n Things. Thank you Barb (please get in touch with me and I will send the chart out to you) and thanks to all for your suggestions.

Sew (or should that be So) - Sew Animalistic is the latest addition to my range of 'Sew' charts and is available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS link on the sidebar. It is stitched on walnut dyed 36ct Edinburgh linen with Japanese Cosmo thread 2311 (kindly sent to me by the lovely Yuko) and hem-stitched with a DMC thread to match the linen.

By request, I am preparing a hemstitch tutorial and, although the text is done, unfortunately the pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped so please bear with me.




As I reported on January 8, Beatrix Potter is finally finished! It has taken a whole year to stitch this and I did not enjoy it at all but I persevered, mainly due the SAL blog, which blog is now open for new members for 2010. I personalised this by adding both my initials and my sister's initials, '1950-2010' and '60' in the spaces available. I really hope she likes this!



And here's WIP of the Travelling Sisterhood. As can be seen I am stitching 1*1 on, I think, a deep cream 30ct linen with the recommended DMC threads. I have not made any changes to the colours although, being a brunette, I would have changed this if she had been a blonde!

The snow has all but disappeared leaving dark, gloomy skies with occasional rain. Kirby has managed to return to Uni after her original plans were disrupted by a heavy snowfall last Friday evening resulting in Deal being completely cut off from the outside world over the weekend.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , , ,

 
|


22 Comments:


  • On 12 January 2010 at 13:43, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    It's beautiful and every bit worth waiting for. I love the gorgeous thread Yuko sent you, it compliments the fabric perfectly. Lovely name too. Congratulations to Barb :>) Sew Animalistic is exactly what it is!!
    I adore your BP and you have definitely rekindled my desire to stitch it - yes, deal with me later...haha!
    Travelling Sisterhood is realy lovely.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 14:51, Blogger Barb

    Oh I am in a state of shock!THANKYOU THANKYOU so much Carol I am so thrilled that you chose my name for your design. There were lots of good suggestions and I feel so honoured that mine is to be used. Comiserations to all those who weren't lucky this time . I will send you and e mail Carol.
    Hugs Barb

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 16:09, Blogger Catherine

    Congrats to the winner! Sew Animalistic if perfect!

    Lovely piece!

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 16:31, Blogger staci

    Love that name! Sew Animalistic is perfect...and your stitched model is darling. Do you have a designated "istitch" wall in your home?

    BP is beautiful! Kudos for persevering!!! Looking forward to your hemstitching tutorial :)

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 16:53, Blogger Lesleyanne

    Another beautiful design. The name is perfect. Well done on your finsih and WIP is looking great too.

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 18:19, Anonymous Anonymous

    sew animalistic is a lovely chart with a fantastic name. I love te colours you have chosen
    Enjoy your happy dance on BP you deserve it, it's beautiful
    love your new start too

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 22:16, Blogger Blu

    Sew Animalistic looks lovely. Congrats to Barb,

    Beatrix Potter looks wonderful.

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 22:36, Blogger LisaG

    Another lovely design & the name is wonderful, excellent choice.

    Well done on sticking with Beatrix, it really is a lovely finish.

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 23:27, Blogger doris

    Miss Bea is absolutely incredible. How could your sister not be crazy for her?

    Sew Animalistic is truly pretty. Your portfolio is growing at a rocket's pace.

     
  • On 12 January 2010 at 23:39, Blogger Michele

    Sew Animalistic is lovely! The walnut dyed fabric is perfect!

    Congrats on getting BP done .. even though you didn't enjoy it :(

    Love TS!! can't wait to see her finished :)

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 01:16, Blogger Unknown

    Lovely design and a good name for it too. I look forward to your tutorial too. Congratulations Barb.

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 03:16, Blogger Rachel

    Carol, I love the Sew Animalistic chart! It's cute ;)

    The Beatrix Potter sampler looks lovely!

    Can't wait to see your tutorial!!

    Good luck with your stitching.

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 08:16, Blogger Nic

    BP is amazing!

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 10:45, Anonymous Anonymous

    I really like home-dyed fabric - and this one has got something French to it ! Sew Animalistic is just the right name.
    It would have been a shame not to finish BP...

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 13:47, Blogger Vaida

    Walnut dyed fabric looks great, and the Sew Animalistics is so cute!

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 15:52, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I love the design (so much I bought it immediately before leaveing this comment) and the walnut dyed fabric is gorgeous as is the thread. I love it all. And I love the name - so much better than my feeble effort. Congratulations to Barb - so well deserved!

    Your BP has turned out beautifully but I didn't expect anything else as you are such a perfect stitcher.
    Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 18:04, Blogger Sue

    What a great name! Very fitting! I love the design and the colors you chose are perfect. Very woodsy looking.

     
  • On 13 January 2010 at 20:18, Blogger Karoline

    Sew Animalistic is lovely and the name is very apt. Congratulations on finishing Beatrix, she is gorgeous. Though I entirely understand about her being a slog to stitch (see 3 years and counting on Maria Spence!)

     
  • On 14 January 2010 at 18:59, Blogger Deb

    Well done all around, dear Carol!
    Hugs,
    Deb

     
  • On 14 January 2010 at 23:44, Blogger valerie

    Beautiful design Carol. Congrats to Barb for winning the name contest. I love your BP! I'm sure your sister will love it. That's a special birthday present. Your Traveling Sister is coming along great!

     
  • On 17 January 2010 at 14:33, Blogger Brigitte

    A great name for this sweet little chart.
    Congratulations on finishing Beatrix. It's great feeling of relief I guess, at least it was with me, when such a big project is finally finished.

     
  • On 25 January 2010 at 17:38, Blogger Rachel V

    Congratulations on your BP finish, Carol -- it's lovely, and I love the way you finished it!