< iStitch
Sunday 24 January 2010
A belated birthday gift!



Yesterday I received an unexpected envelope in the mail from Jill who sent BBD's Tokens of Friendship to me as a late birthday gift - thank you Jill - a wonderful surprise!

I have been stitching but I don't have time to take a picture as I'm going out very shortly to meet some very old friends who are over here from NYC on a quick visit. I will post a picture of my WIP on 'Alphabets à ...' tomorrow. For those waiting to hear which colour thread I chose - it was - none of the ones shown *here* as I found two more reels of red Soie Surfine in my stash and used one of those instead!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 24 January 2010 at 09:34, Blogger Annie Bee

    Such a lovely book and what a nice surprise.

     
  • On 24 January 2010 at 10:00, Blogger angelasweby

    What a lovely surprise and such a fantastic book too :>)
    Have a lovely day out.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 24 January 2010 at 14:20, Blogger Kim B

    What a sweet gift!

     
  • On 24 January 2010 at 14:27, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Right before I visited your blog, I was at the Blackbird Designs site, and I was lusting after this book!

    Happy belated birthday, Carol. Enjoy your day with your friends from NYC!

     
  • On 24 January 2010 at 15:39, Blogger Crazee4books

    Hello Carol,

    What a wonderful gift to receive
    for your birthday. And when the
    birthday gifts keep arriving even
    after the birthday has past, well,
    it just means the fun continues
    for a while longer. The title of
    the book says it all, doesn't it?

    Sew Patchwork looks like fun. I
    have to pay a visit to your charts
    site and catch up with your very
    wonderful designs. I think there
    are three that I don't have yet.

    I'm looking forward to your hem
    stitch tutorial by the way. It
    really makes the designs look
    nicely finished.

    The newest additions to your
    scissors collection are lovely.
    The multi-colored pair second on
    the right are really cool.

    I don't remember if I commented
    about it previously or not but
    congratulations on finishing
    Beatrix Potter. After all the
    trials and tribulations she is
    still a gorgeous design and a
    wonderful addition to your
    finishes. I'm sure that your
    sister will love it!

    Are you still enjoying Winter
    where you are??? We're having
    a January thaw here right now
    with temperatures around +6
    Celsius. It's wonderful, but
    probably won't last for very
    much longer, sadly.

    Cheers!