< iStitch
Monday 3 May 2010
They'll be Blue Birds over the White Cliffs of Dover!



This very pretty blue bird sailed over the English Channel with Valie when she came to visit last week. Valie knows how much I love blue and also how much I love tiny and believe me this is blue and tiny! Stitched on a very fine French linen with blue, black and mauve Vikki Clayton silk threads she added a vintage mother-of-pearl round flower button and a new star-shaped one. 



Photos by Valie (and stolen from her blog)


On the reverse of the pillow is my name. My friend tells me there was much cursing and muttering on finishing this pillow as the joining stitches were so tiny and the silk threads were difficult to catch. Thank you my dear friend for such a wonderful gift. I enjoyed your trip immensely but please could you return the sun that has disappeared since your departure? There are more pictures on Valie's blog *here*

There was no stitching done during my friend's visit but I did put a few stitches into Sew Seasons last night - I made a start on Summer. I have chosen fabric and threads for Sew Sew and will probably make a start on this one sometime today. 

It's May Bank Holiday here in the UK and, as usual on a Bank Holiday, it's raining. In fact it hasn't stopped raining since it started on Saturday morning. It's a great excuse for curling up on the sofa plugged into my latest book on my iPod and with a needle and thread in hand but first a few chores ...

Thanks for visiting
Take care 




Labels:

 
|


12 Comments: