< iStitch
Tuesday 6 July 2010
Something blue



Click on picture for a close-up view


Not long ago the Emblem of Love RR came to a finish and here is my sampler which has returned home. It is stitched on 1*2 white 36ct antique white linen with HDF Magpie Tears 2349. Thank you to all of you who made such a wonderful job of your sections and a big thank you to Edgar for moderating. Now I need to find a suitable frame.




Enclosed with my RR was this lovely crochet pot holder from Suzanne who was the last to stitch on my RR. It's far too pretty to use as a pot holder and is being used as a mat under my pencil pot on my desk. Thank you Suzanne.


Last night I finished this tiny ABC sampler - I have no idea what it's called or whose design it is - maybe someone knows? It is stitched 1*2 on blanc cassé 55ct Gander linen with Soie Surfine 109. I am thinking of finishing this either as a pinkeep or a needlebook.

Still no sign of my Gander linen from Tissage Gander - I am really itching to start Jane Rees now. In the meantime I will stitch up the model for my latest iStitch Sew Design.

The weather continues to be bright and sunny and I am spending a lot of time in the garden.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , , ,

 
|


10 Comments:


  • On 6 July 2010 at 18:10, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your RR looks lovely, congratulations to all who stitched on it!

     
  • On 6 July 2010 at 21:03, Blogger Jules

    Very pretty RR! I love blue and that is stunning.

     
  • On 6 July 2010 at 21:16, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Your RR is just gorgeous and like Karen said congratulations to all of you guys that stitched on it and you on theirs.

     
  • On 6 July 2010 at 22:10, Blogger Berit

    love what you've been up to lately--Valie's rendition is lovely as usual!

    I hope that linen hurries into your hands soon!

     
  • On 6 July 2010 at 23:08, Blogger Carol

    Emblem of Love is gorgeous Carol - you must be thrilled with the finish!

    The tiny sampler is really sweet, I've had this one in my stash to stitch for a very long time. The designer is Lisa Cowell. On my copy it says the design is called Mary Smith and is a complimentary chart from the "My Grandma's Attic" series. I look forward to seeing how you finish it - whichever finish you choose would look lovely! :o)

     
  • On 7 July 2010 at 07:53, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love the tiny ABC sampler, very sweet.

     
  • On 11 July 2010 at 19:46, Blogger Karoline

    Your RR is gorgeous, congratulations to all involved.

     
  • On 13 July 2010 at 23:17, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    It's beautiful, Carol!

    On another note - I was looking at some of your older posts last night, and noticed that you had been to CA Well's Stitching by the Garden retreat on Cape Cod in 2002 - I was at that retreat, too! What a small world!

     
  • On 20 July 2010 at 14:36, Blogger Meari

    Emblem turned out great! Congrats on its finish as well as the tiny ABC sampler.

     
  • On 27 July 2010 at 15:46, Blogger Ellen

    Oh Carol...your RR turned out beautifully.

    I'd love to have a photo to post on my blog.