< iStitch
Friday 18 June 2010
Decisions decisions!





Last Friday I posted a picture of two tiny samplers *here* which I stitched as test pieces to help me decide what fabric and thread to use for Jane Rees and, despite many of you saying that you preferred the one of the left on that picture, and top centre of the above picture, I was still undecided so I stitched yet another Sew Easy on 55ct cream linen using Soie Surfine 109. It was better and I had almost decided to go with this when I remembered I had a cut of 22 fils (55ct) Gander linen in blanc cassé (off white) in my stash so I stitched yet another test piece (although something different to Sew Easy this time)! I think this is as close to an original Bristol Orphanage Sampler that I will get. I knew what I wanted and I needed to keep searching to achieve it - so this is it - my chosen fabric and thread for Jane! I can't wait to get started now the decision has been made.

Sew Easy chart is still available for free *here* or click on the CHARTS button my the sidebar.





And do you remember my Iford Weeping Cherry *here*? After a pretty display of pink blossom earlier this year, I have now noticed that there are cherries forming! How amazing are these and how stupid am I not to realise that this tree would bear fruit? LOL 




And, last but not least, the daisies! I know some people hate these pesky little flowers that often appear in the lawn but I like them. Such a sweet little flower.

Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 18 June 2010 at 13:33, Blogger Gillie

    Glad you finally decided! I love daisies too and I miss them here - but was delighted to see them in the lawn of the International Rose Garden in Portland, OR! We visited there a couple of weeks ago and had a lovely time sniffinf as well as seeing! We forgot umbrellas, how silly is THAT in Portland!

     
  • On 18 June 2010 at 15:29, Blogger Berit

    I think I still prefer the center top, BUT there are certainly "no flies on" your choice, either. And I definitely see what you mean about it being the closest to the original.

    Yay for you, finding your right combo! :D

     
  • On 18 June 2010 at 17:25, Blogger valerie

    Jane is looking great...I like the off white you chose. I look forward to seeing your progress...

     
  • On 18 June 2010 at 17:29, Blogger dany

    Un petit coucou pour te souhaiter une belle fin de semaine
    Un gros bisou Carol

     
  • On 18 June 2010 at 20:35, Blogger Moreen

    I really think your latest choice of the Gander linen is lovely and I can't wait to see your progress. As for the daises I have a lawn full but I don't mind - they really are sweet little things the children love to make daisy chains when they visit and get most upset when Grandad has mowed their heads off.
    Thanks for the hemstitch PDF.

     
  • On 19 June 2010 at 05:24, Blogger Karen

    I love your final decision! It's perfect!

     
  • On 25 June 2010 at 07:11, Blogger All things beautiful

    Love the daisies. Let me see if I can find an equivalent here in Malaysia :-)