< iStitch
Tuesday 11 May 2010
Emblem of Love RR




I have now finished my commitment to the Emblem of Love RR ending with Margaret's piece. As you can see there is still one section to be stitched. I have enjoyed this RR very much and wish to thank Edgar for arranging it! 




Here's a close up of the section that I stitched. It would have been great to have been able stitch a different section on each RR but I only had one repeat so I can't complain! There are three colour versions of this sampler and three monochromes, one red, one dark blue and my own light blue one and all versions are lovely. I am looking forward to my RR returning home and once I receive it I will post a picture. 

I have a couple of new Sew designs charted and ready for stitching and another part-charted. Sew Seasons is still in the stitching stage but hopefully won't be too long.

It's very cold and quite dark here today - I am wondering if we going to get a summer this year? I am planning a 4 week trip to the west coast of Florida towards the end of the year; this is one way to get my 'sunshine fix' before another long hard winter! 

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 11 May 2010 at 11:39, Blogger MarchAnn

    Looks very good, bet you can't wait for your piece to return home.

    Where are you heading in Florida? I love Citrus County on the west coast. Planning to retire there in about 22 months.

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 12:49, Blogger Kathy A.

    Lovely addition to the RR. Sad to hear this RR is finishing. It has been such a joy watching all those pieces as they made their journey.
    Enjoy your Florida trip! Spring is slow here too = very cold still

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 13:06, Blogger Carol

    Your contribution to the RR is just beautiful, Carol... I'll look forward to seeing your post yours when it return homes since blue is my favorite color.

    My in-laws live on the west coast of Florida (Naples area) and I love visiting there...

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 15:00, Blogger Angela

    Carol,
    It's beautiful. I'm not surprised you are sad to see it come to an end.
    Where has the sun gone??? And why is it so cold??? I should think you are positively counting the days until your trip to warmer climates. I know I am :>)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 15:23, Blogger Berit

    RRs seem like they'd be such a good choice for these large Quaker Pieces. :D

    This finish looks good, and also looking forward to seeing yours come home! :D

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 19:29, Blogger *Manja*

    Loves Carol!^^
    That is a beautiful work!
    Love of greetings, from Germany.
    *Manja*

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 19:37, Blogger valerie

    Margaret's piece is looking lovely. I love that red!

    In FL for 4 weeks?! Maybe I need to take a weekend trip...Hmmm.

     
  • On 11 May 2010 at 21:48, Blogger LisaG

    This is looking lovely Carol. I can't wait to see your own Light Blue version.

     
  • On 12 May 2010 at 13:55, Blogger WendyJo

    Isn't Margaret's RR gorgeous? I loved stitching with the red threads she provided.