< iStitch
Wednesday 5 May 2010
White sands and tropical breezes ...





My French friend had a longing for the seaside and therefore chose to stitch Sew Nautical in beautiful muted shades of soft blues, pastel greens and more to make Sew Nautical come alive in colour. Valie has listed on her blog the threads she used for you to copy if you wish. This truly is a very beautiful version of Sew Nautical and thank you Valie for allowing me to post your picture.

Sew Nautical is available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

As I thought yesterday, the dentist removed the offending tooth that was causing me pain and I am so glad that it's gone. The gap is at the back and we will decide what the next step is at my subsequent appointment.

No stitching yesterday or today as yet. I had hoped that the black Soie Surfine thread I have ordered would arrive from Paris this morning but no sign of it. However, an Emblem of Love RR did arrive so I will start my section later today. Margaret chose skeins of Threadworx in a really vibrant shade of red and we all know how much I love stitching with red, so I just know I will enjoy stitching on this one before it finally makes its way home to its owner.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


4 Comments:


  • On 5 May 2010 at 20:01, Blogger Carol

    Oh, I like that one Carol and Valie's choice of threads are lovely! I'm off to purchase the chart and to make a note of Valie's threads. We have our Smeaton's Lighthouse on the Hoe here in Plymouth and when I was little I wanted to be a mermaid...lol, so this will be a must stitch for me!! :o)

     
  • On 5 May 2010 at 20:35, Blogger Katrina

    Sweet finish, love the colors she used!!! Glad your tooth is out and you are feeling better.

     
  • On 5 May 2010 at 22:58, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Just absolutely gorgeous. You have such a flair for designing and stitching too but Valie just chooses the most gorgeous colors to stitch your wonderful designs with. So happy you are feeling better. Talk about teeth - I lost half of one of my back teeth a few weeks ago and a half of the front big today but no pain and I'm seeing the dentist on monday.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 7 May 2010 at 17:14, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    That's a very pretty interpretation of Sew Nautical - I love it!