< iStitch
Thursday 1 July 2010
Sew Sweet, crochet and the garden!



Photo by Valie

This is Valie's version of Sew Sweet stitched in pretty shades from the AVAS Soie 1003 range. Very beautiful Valie and thank you for allowing me to share this here.

Sew Sweet is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.




Last night was our Stitch-n-Bitch group meeting. Sue brought along her crocheting and I asked her if I could have a go and, although I have not crocheted for many years, it came back to me and here is the African Flower Hexagon I made. It seems a little large for my liking, so I will have another go using perle cotton and a smaller hook - everyone knows how much I like miniature!




We planted up a few pots for the garden last weekend and here are a few, aren't they pretty?

A big thank you to those that left comments on my last post and, now that I know people are reading, if not commenting on my blog, I will continue to post! A few questions arose: Staci and Valerie both asked what I do with my practice pieces - I am planning on attaching these and my iStitch models to a separate piece of linen and putting them in one large frame. DonnaTN asked if I use magnification when stitching on high count fabrics - as long as I have good light and my prescription glasses I can see fine to stitch on 48ct but I do use a magnifier (attached to my Ottlite) for 55ct. My eyesight has actually improved slightly since working on these high counts so maybe it's a case of 'use it or lose it'! Christy - I purchase Soie Surfine from Atelier196 in France - they have a good selection and give good service. I will be continuing with my designing and Sew Patchwork II will be released over this coming weekend.

I am still awaiting my Gander linen to arrive from Tissage Gander - I hope it's not too much longer now as I really would like to make a start on Jane Rees.

This evening we are going for dinner with our daughter Nicola and her family and she called me to say bring my swim suit as the hot tub has been fixed so you can guess where I will be later.

Thank you for visting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 1 July 2010 at 17:03, Blogger Hazel

    Brilliant african flower Carol! I di dmy first one a few weeks ago. Not made any more since mind you although it is in the future plans. Sew Sweet looks lovley too. x

     
  • On 1 July 2010 at 18:11, Blogger Moreen

    Valie's sew sweet is lovely I hope to start mine soon.
    Love your crochet flower I cam imagine it done with a smaller thread it will look really dainty.
    Have a nice evening with your family.

     
  • On 1 July 2010 at 18:54, Blogger valerie

    Carol, it looks like the crochet came back to you in an instant...much like riding a bike I guess. Your african flower is beautiful! I am still trying to master the basics and am all confused but I borrowed a book to follow. If I finish Letter C this weekend, I'll practice the crochet a bit.

    Lovely garden and love your idea of what to do with your models!

     
  • On 1 July 2010 at 19:25, Blogger Cole

    Love your crochet flower, it's funny how quickly things can come back to you, isn't it?

    Your garden looks lovely, enjoy your evening with your family!

     
  • On 1 July 2010 at 23:21, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    Your pots look lovely. This weather has been glorious hasn't it!

    I love your little crocheted hexagon. i think it will look gorgeous made up a little smaller.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 1 July 2010 at 23:22, Blogger angelasweby

    Oops forgot to say how gorgeous Valie's version of your design it. I was obviously stunned into total silence :>) I just love pink combined with brown.
    A xx

     
  • On 1 July 2010 at 23:35, Blogger Christy

    Thanks so much for the soie surfine link!

     
  • On 2 July 2010 at 03:43, Blogger DonnaTN

    Sew Sweet is truly sweet! I love your crochet and look forward to seeing it in miniature. And thanks for answering my question!

     
  • On 2 July 2010 at 11:36, Anonymous Anonymous

    These shades of Soie 1003 are now discontinued. It turns the piece into an even more special project !
    Love the plantations ! And how green you grass looks - ours is yellowing at high speed (there can be too much sun).

     
  • On 2 July 2010 at 22:18, Blogger WendyJo

    Valie's version is very pretty. Love the colors she picked.

    Beautiful African flowers Carol.

    Your crochet flower looks great as well!! You did a great job for being away from crochet for a while :)

    Enjoy your evening with your family.

     
  • On 3 July 2010 at 15:14, Blogger Yuko

    How lovely design this is, Carol!
    And Valie's colour choice is always perfect!!
    I love her version, as always!!
    But you know, no patterns, no beautiful works!
    Your design is as well as gorgeous!!

    ((hugs))

    Yuko

     
  • On 3 July 2010 at 15:24, Blogger staci

    Valie's version of Sew Sweet is gorgeous :)

    I don't think you ever really forget something you've learned...obviously you've proven that! Your hexagon is lovely and I'm sure your miniaturized crochet will be exquisite!