< iStitch
Friday 25 March 2011
Frogs and scissors!


When I posted a picture of the beautiful French glass flower/scissor frog *here* which I had been given on my recent trip to France, Caroline from my Stitch-n-Bitch group emailed me to say that she didn't realise that I didn't have enough pairs of scissors to fill the holes. I then had to admit that this frog was not the only one I have. I also have these:


Click on the picture for a closeup view

And these:


Click on picture for a closeup view


And, I also have a few empty ones but I need to search out the rest of my scissors which are hiding in their boxes amongst my stash and I think I may even have to treat myself to another pair or two. Oh dear, I'm not only 'scissor' obsessed I think I may be 'frog' obsessed too! Valie has a beautiful oval one so I am on the lookout for something similiar.

On the stitching front, I have been working on Jane Rees. I need to take a WIP picture but as I'm working this one on a small hoop which I am moving around, it's a little creased so I will take a picture once it's been ironed.

It's a beautiful sunny Spring day here today so I may go outside with my stitching.

Thanks for visiting; have a lovely weekend
Take care


Labels:

 
|


16 Comments:


  • On 25 March 2011 at 13:10, Blogger Nina

    I really like these "frogs" but don't know where can be ordered them from... Can you give me some web-addresses? :)
    They look very pretty!

    Have a nice weekend :)
    Nina

     
  • On 25 March 2011 at 13:33, Blogger Sally

    Wow, Carol, that is a lot of scissors!! My youngest DD thinks I have a lot so I think I should show her all yours!

     
  • On 25 March 2011 at 13:33, Blogger angelasweby

    I AM impressed! They all look so pretty. I love the Eiffel Tower scissors in the front..haha!
    Angela xx

     
  • On 25 March 2011 at 13:55, Blogger Gillie

    Crikey! I know where to come when I can't find mine!

     
  • On 25 March 2011 at 16:32, Blogger Kathy A.

    Just too funny. We should never put our scissors together in one room. Our DH's tend to look at us strangely. I have mine strategically placed - one in Arizona, one by my upstairs and one by my downstairs chairs at home. That way he doesn't think I have so many ROFL.

     
  • On 25 March 2011 at 17:06, Blogger Needles Everywhere

    What a great idea! I have an old frog that just sits in a case. I love this. Thanks for posting it. While I have several pairs of scissors, I always tend to find another one hiding somewhere!

     
  • On 25 March 2011 at 21:10, Blogger Meari

    Oh my goodness! Look at all those scissors, lol. I think you're addicted. ;-)

     
  • On 26 March 2011 at 01:31, Blogger Lisa V

    WOW look at all those frogs. I always look for one when I go to the local antique strip here but I can never find one. They must have been alot more popular over in the UK then they are here in Aus.
    LISA V

     
  • On 26 March 2011 at 06:11, Blogger Kate

    WOW! I just love this way of displaying scissors. I am just an amateur in comparison!

     
  • On 26 March 2011 at 14:25, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    LOove your frogs, and your scissors! I thought I was the only one with a scissors problem. LOL

     
  • On 26 March 2011 at 17:57, Blogger Blu

    Woah! Talk about a massive collection!

     
  • On 29 March 2011 at 12:20, Blogger Carole Z.

    Carol,

    I am a devoted follower of yours and would love to
    be entered in your iStitch chart give-away. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with us!

    Hugs,
    Carole Z.

     
  • On 30 March 2011 at 00:16, Blogger Berit

    Ann is gorgeous and thanks for sharing the spools! I'd not seen them yet. :o

    I think a break is a good idea--enjoy the spring! But I'm glad you have plans to return, too. :)

    Wow, you may win the "Most Scissors" award--but I really love them, too! I see a few styles in your collection that I also own.

     
  • On 30 March 2011 at 07:50, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    oh very beuatiful !
    have a good day
    marylin FRANCE

     
  • On 31 March 2011 at 00:53, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Drool! And I thought I was bad!

     
  • On 31 March 2011 at 01:51, Blogger WendyJo

    I love these frogs alot Carol and you have an amazing scissor collection!!

    I must get myself 1 or 2 or...maybe 3 of those "frogs" for my scissors...I think 3 "frogs" should do it:) LOLOL