< iStitch
Saturday 17 September 2011
Scissors




I have new scissors - not one new pair but two! The top scissors are the latest Gingher Alicia in my favourite colour. These are only available at Joann stores in the US and Brenda of Time 2 Xstitch very kindly offered to get me some and mail them to England. They are now sitting in my 'Gingher' glass frog. The second pair of scissors are French which Paule (no blog) very kindly offered to get for me. These are now sitting in my 'French' glass frog. Stitchers really are the best. A huge thank you to both Brenda and Paule!

As you know I've been extremely busy with the Mystery SAL and I must admit that I did not realise how much work this would be. However, it's great fun and it good to see the fabrics and threads chosen by each participant and how different each one looks. For those of you who feel you have missed out on signing up for the SAL, I will be releasing the chart at the end of the SAL at a nominal cost.

My personal stitching time has been limited but I did manage to finish Tante Minna and will be framing her once I have stained and distressed the frame that I picked up at Hobby Craft last week. Sew Halloween is nearly stitched and as soon as this is done and I have 'finished' it it will be released for sale. Jane Rees has had a few stitches put into her and I have started a new page. Pictures of all WIPs will follow in due course.

It's raining and very gloomy here today. I really hope that there are few more days of sunshine left before Autumn sets in. Our Florida vacation has been postponed due to work commitments and I doubt we will be able to get away until May 2012.

Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend
Take care


Labels:

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 17 September 2011 at 15:15, Blogger butterfly

    Love your scissor's Carol . I am getting more and more now in my collection.
    Sorry about your holiday.
    We can't go away this year with my Dad being in and out of hospital with Dementia.

     
  • On 17 September 2011 at 16:17, Blogger Barbara

    Carol, Your scissors are beautiful!! I haven't started collecting the gingher and maybe I should. Can never have too many scissors. I'm sorry about your Florida vacation being postponed. If there is anything here in Florida you need, besides the warm temps and sunshine, I'll be more than happy to ship it to you.
    Blessings!

     
  • On 17 September 2011 at 17:11, Blogger blueladie

    Carol, love those scissors. They are beautiful. Yes, stitchers are the best! I have been watching your SAL progress. The variations of different stitchers are beautiful. TFS. :) Cathryn

     
  • On 17 September 2011 at 19:52, Blogger Kathy A.

    What wonderful wonderful scissors Carol.
    Your SAL is a big success for sure. I am seeing post popping up everywhere! Congrats!

     
  • On 18 September 2011 at 10:56, Blogger Simone

    What is it with us stitching girls, that we never have enough scissors? ;) I love the french scissors!
    You're SAL is a hit. However, I can imagine that it is a lot of work to organise everything.
    I hope you've got some time left for new designs....

     
  • On 21 September 2011 at 13:00, Blogger Kate

    Lovely scissors - and yes stiitchers are the best!
    Being a participant I am truly grateful for all the work you have invested in the SAL - I am loving stitching it and seeing all the other pieces with their varied fabric and floss. Thanks again.
    Sorry to hear about your holiday.