< iStitch
Friday 28 October 2011
Scissors
Click on the picture for a closeup view


I won another pair of scissors on ebay.fr for the princely sum of 6 euros plus postage and packing of 1,50 euros - such a bargain! As you can see these are marked 'France' on one side and P R Nogent on the other. I wonder if these are made by Monsieur Roulot? They are very fine and delicate and a wonderful addition to my collection.





After a terrific thunderstorm a beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky. My picture does not show how pretty the colours were. A few year ago I drove through a rainbow - I didn't find a pot of gold but it was quite a magical experience!


***************************


The Mystery SAL box is now 'finished' and I have prepared a finishing tutorial which I will post once the SAL is over. For those of you enquiring about the release of the chart, it will be available as soon as the SAL is finished which won't be too long now. Keep checking back or click on CHARTS on the sidebar or sign up to my mailing list by emailing me (my email address is on my profile) for email notification of the release.

There is a new Christmas/Winter chart due for release shortly - it was to be Sew Hopeful but, after much deliberation and chart amendments, I changed my mind and it's now called Sew Frost - imagine a Winter scene with holly, snowflakes and snow laden trees!

I am also working on a wedding sampler for the son of dear friends in Sarasota who is getting married on 11.11.11. I asked about the wedding 'colour theme' and his dad said 'bright primary colours' - I hope he wasn't pulling my leg but anyway I stitched red on white and, hopefully, the happy couple will be pleased with it.

I signed up for another SAL, a partnership between The Threadbasket and C Mon Monde which comes in four weekly parts. I must admit I misread and thought that it was every four weeks! I have the first part but have yet to choose my fabric and threads so I think I am already falling behind before I start!

Thanks for visiting
Take care and have a lovely weekend


Labels: , ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 28 October 2011 at 12:10, Blogger Barbara

    Hello Carol! Those scissors look very fine and what sharp points! I also joined the same SAL thru Threadbasket and am just about finished with my first part. I am stitching mine on Stoneypoint 32ct with HDF. So far, so good.
    Blessings!

     
  • On 28 October 2011 at 15:43, Anonymous Anonymous

    Monsieur Roulot's first name is Jean-Marie... PR must be another scissor maker, then ! Fine scissors, these are.

     
  • On 28 October 2011 at 19:23, Blogger Dora

    What a great pair of scissors and I love the background picture of the chalet in the mountains. That SAL caught my eye a few days ago. It's a pretty design but I don't know if I can keep up with it in 4 weeks. I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

     
  • On 28 October 2011 at 21:35, Blogger Kate

    Gorgeous scissors
    Thanks for pointing out that SAL - I may have just got myself into some serious stitching! Waiting to hear.

     
  • On 29 October 2011 at 18:47, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    I love your pictures !

    marylin from France