< iStitch
Friday 16 March 2012
Christmas in March and a new blogger!





I promised myself that this year I would not have a mad panic with stitching and finishing Christmas ornaments so I stitched one in January (which remains stitched but unfinished) but in February I was much too busy with the pre-stitching of my class and my flu didn't help much either! Now that I am fully recovered from the flu and I have finished the class pre-stitching I couldn't decide what to work on next so I decided to stitch February and March ornaments and the above is February. The pattern is a freebie from Log Cabin Needleworks and can be found *here* (scroll down a little). I have stitched my version in HDF Gigi's Christmas thread on 40ct antique white linen.





I have been on the look out for the above book by Brenda Keyes for quite a while. It's been OOP for a long time now and the only copies I've seen have been selling for very high prices. However, I saw this one on eBay last week and made a bid and won it for the princely sum of £3.77 plus postage! How lucky was that?






A sure sign of Spring is my sweet little tortoise Tommy awakening from his long Winter sleep. He still has to go back in his box overnight but once the nights get warmer he will be able to stay out in the garden 27-7. I gave him a warm wash and bathed his eyes and he was ready to roam the garden checking out his usual haunts.


And now news of a new blogger! Buttons 'n Bows is my friend Sue's blog. Sue is a fellow member of our Stitch-n-Bitch group so without further ado go *here* and say hi to Sue and welcome her to blogland. She not only does the most wonderful quilting but she stitches too so bookmark her for future visits so as not to miss out on seeing her beautiful work. Welcome Sue!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


11 Comments:


  • On 16 March 2012 at 15:08, Blogger Sally

    Love the thread you're using for your ornament. It's so pretty.

    Going to visit Sue now :)

     
  • On 16 March 2012 at 16:00, Blogger Ruth

    Hey Tommy! Welcome to Spring.

    Congrats on the Book grab and on the Christmas stitching --- you remind me I need to get back at it. Somehow March just doesn't seem so very Christmasy.

     
  • On 16 March 2012 at 18:37, Blogger valerie

    Great thread for your ornie! And Hooray for Tommy waking up for a visit around the garden!

     
  • On 16 March 2012 at 19:21, Blogger Daffycat

    Yay, for Tommy! Spring has arrived!

     
  • On 17 March 2012 at 00:23, Blogger Lisa V

    YAY Tommy's back, I think he's gorgeous.
    Love your Merry Christmas stitch, lovely thread you have used.

     
  • On 17 March 2012 at 14:05, Blogger Catherine

    Cute stitches, great deal on that book ~ I use mine quite a bit, and I love your turtle!! I'm off to visit your friend's blog!

     
  • On 17 March 2012 at 15:23, Blogger staci

    I love the colors of your ornament Carol! And Tommy's return is a sure sign of spring weather!

     
  • On 17 March 2012 at 18:05, Blogger Solstitches

    I'm sure it hardly seems a minute since you showed pics of Tommy coming out of hibernation last year.
    Where does the time go?
    Love your Christmas ornament.
    I've never seen that book before and of course now I want it too!

    Margaret

     
  • On 18 March 2012 at 00:10, Blogger Jo who can't think of a clever nickname

    I love your colour choices for the Merry Christmas. I stitched it this year using the recommended DMC. It's a very versatile pattern!
    I've had the Brenda Keyes book for years and actually stitched a motif from it this very week. What a co-incidence. The cover price on my copy is £6.95 and I bought it new.

     
  • On 20 March 2012 at 19:10, Blogger Jodie

    This ornament is sooo pretty, I absolutely love it, I can't believe it's free! Thanks so much for sharing :-)

     
  • On 25 March 2012 at 22:28, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    Your ornament is lovely, Carol.

    I love the Brenda Keyes book - I've had one for years, and it comes in very handy, especially for participating in exchanges.