< iStitch
Saturday 18 February 2012
A gift, a window display and Mystery boxes


Picture by Valie


After such a wonderful trip to France a week last Thursday I went down with the flu so I spent the whole of last week tucked up in bed. I am now recovered and back to stitching and blogging.

While in Paris I met up with my dear friend Valie and as usual we exchanged gifts. I have yet to take picture of my received gifts but the above pillow is the one I stitched for Valie - Sunflowers and Acorns by Beehive Needleworks. It is stitched on 40ct raw linen with my own conversion to HDF silk threads. There are more pictures on Valie's blog *here* so do go take a look and check out her lovely stitching and finishing while you are there.

I also have more pictures to show of the goodies purchased at the AEF but please bear with me while I completely recover from my flu.




A few weeks ago I was at Bluewater shopping centre and one of the stores had a complete window display of old sewing machines. I cannot remember the name of the store, I'm not sure I even looked as I was much too interested in the machines!




I received pictures of two more Mystery box finishes. The first lovely finish is by Janine who unfortunately omitted to tell me what fabric and threads she used although she did say that she printed off a sampler picture to line the box. What a great idea. Janine also stitched a matching scissor fob and then gave the box, together with its contents, to her friend for Christmas. Such a lucky friend!




The second beautiful finish is by Meari and is stitched on 22ct Zweigert linen with Anchor thread 1315. She certainly found a great co-ordinating fabric and trim. There are further pictures on Meari's blog so do go take a look at both these and her other lovely stitching.

These ladies made a great job of their stitching and finishing. Thank you both for allowing me to showcase them here.

If you have an iStitch Designs finish that you would like to share, please email pictures and a note of fabric and threads used.

Sew a Mystery is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 18 February 2012 at 13:02, Blogger Bertie

    Hope you do feel better now Carol, I went down too and it seems to be a hanger on, take care!!
    Your little ornament is gorgeous, lovely linen too. The sewing machine's are just wonderful. In Regent street is a store with a display in both windows.
    Your stitch along has been a success and so nice to see what stitcher's have done with it!
    Have a lovely weekend and keep well:)

     
  • On 18 February 2012 at 16:11, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, hi.
    I'm so glad you are feeling better. I saw your beautiful ornament on Valie's blog so it's a lovely treat seeing another picture of it. You sound as if you both had a wonderful time.
    I love the different finishes on your Mystery SAL. Every time I see a new one a little voice whispers in my ear, Come on, get on and finish yours!! It isn't you whispering, is it Carol :-)
    I love that sewing machine display. I don't know where all these vintage sewing machines are coming from but I saw exactly the same in Bath last week!! They are all bolted in so I don't know whether it's a permanent window display or not. It's definitely eyecatching.

     
  • On 19 February 2012 at 16:59, Blogger Susan

    I hope your are completely recovered now, that flu is a nasty beast. The sewing machine display is great! I certainly haven't seen anything like that before. The finishes are beautiful. My stitched piece is still hanging on my "admiration" wall as I have yet to decide how to finish it.

     
  • On 20 February 2012 at 03:28, Blogger Brenda

    What an adorable little pillow you did for Valie!!!

    The Mystery boxes are wonderful seeing the different color schemes used. I must do the finishing work on mine this week.

     
  • On 21 February 2012 at 12:09, Blogger Patty C.

    Beautiful pillow finish ;)

     
  • On 6 March 2012 at 17:14, Blogger wranglerkate

    Carol - Your stitch for Valie is gorgeous! Are you willing to share your HDF conversion? Hope you are better soon! Thanks so much for your blog - I read it a lot! Kate (kcarr@schwabe.com)

     
  • On 8 March 2012 at 14:30, Blogger Meari

    If I saw a sewing machine display like that, I'd be like you. LOL

    I'm really enjoying seeing all the Sew A Mystery finishes. I'm glad I was able to get in at the last minute.