< iStitch
Wednesday 29 March 2017
Blue Band Sampler Update





iStitch Designs Blue Band Sampler SAL is due to start on April 21. I am working on Part 2 of the SAL which is a continuation on this very pretty lace-edged banding. I was asked how I handled the long length (100cms) of banding while stitching. As you can see from the picture I used a 5" bound wood hoop which I remove when I am not working on it. The top length I leave hanging but the bottom length is rolled up on an antique wood spool and tied with a twisted cord. The part showing inside the hoop is a sneak preview of Part 2. 

There are a few spaces left on this SAL so if you are interested now is the time to apply by emailing me (my email address can be found on my profile) or messaging me via Facebook. The SAL has its own Facebook page *here*   it is a closed group but you only have to click to join! The cost is US$15 for Part 1 payable by Paypal and if you wish to continue with Part 2 it's an additional $12 which will be invoiced at a later date. 

I am enjoying this one so much that after Sew Advent 2017 I will be working on a Red Sampler Band. Of course, these projects do not have to be stitched in blue (or red) or on the lace-edge banding. One member is stitching them side by side on a piece of linen. Others side by side on a wider linen banding. Why don't you join us?

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol



Labels: ,