< iStitch
Thursday 10 January 2008
A new start


I know it doesn't look much yet but this is a re-stitch of a model for a workshop I am giving in Dover next month.  When I last taught this class I thought it was the last time and raffled off the model for charity!  So now I have to re-stitch.  It's a Carnation and Strawberry scissor fob and I will post more photos later.  The outside is stitched in DMC 319 and the faggot stitch inner border is white (and yes I realise I have to finish off the backstitching - I had to frog as I was backstitching with one thread and I suddenly realised it was two threads!).  


Two of my stitching buddies came round yesterday afternoon and we had a great time - chatting and stitching.  I do so love out get-togethers.  We usually meet fortnightly in the classroom above the LNS on a Wednesday evening but sometimes it is good to see each other in daylight hours. 


Last night we went to see Aladdin at The Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury and what a great night.  The performance was magnificent - Aladdin played by Stephen Mulhern was the best leading men in any of the Marlowe's pantomimes I have ever seen (and I have been going annually for years) and Dave Lee, as ever, was excellent as Widow Twankey.  This was the first year that the whole family, my daughter, my son and their respective families had all gone together so that made it extra special for me too.  

Well, the household chores are done so I am off to stitch - enjoy your day and thank you for visiting.

Take care
Carol
 
|


2 Comments: