< iStitch
Wednesday 2 April 2008
Pinkeep in Iowa



I heard from Wendy Jo (no blog) that she received the pinkeep that I made for her in the HOE pinkeep exchange. It is, of course, a Little House Needleworks freebie stitched on 32ct lambswool linen with DMC threads. The backing fabric was kindly donated by Lynn, a member of my Stitch-n-Bitch group (thanks Lynn). It was exactly the right shade and almost looks like brickwork!

I enjoyed my 'stitch day' yesterday although it was more of a stitch afternoon as I didn't settle until gone mid-day. I did manage to finish off the stitching on my gifts - the one over one on the backs took ages and I now need to finish them but I need some help making some twisted cording - any volunteers?

My tortoise, Tommy, awoke from his hibernation yesterday. He is quite late this year as he usually sleeps until mid-March so obviously the bad weather made him snuggle down for a lie-in! When I checked his box he didn't appear to be awake but all of a sudden he popped his head up so I lifted him out onto the grass in the warm sunshine. He spent the rest of the day checking out his territory. He does go back in his box overnight until the weather is really warm and then he stays out 24-7. I will post a photo later. Tortoises make ideal pets - they don't mess up indoors and sleep for 6 months of the year - if only husbands/kids were as ideal! 

Thanks for visiting
Take care   

Labels: , ,

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 2 April 2008 at 09:37, Blogger lena-lou

    Hello :) I have only recently found your blog and like it ! This Pinkeep is lovely and I bet your partner is delighted :)

    Have a nice day

     
  • On 2 April 2008 at 11:59, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Super finish...love it :)
    AND I must say...I'm anxious to see a picture of your dear pet tortoise...Tommy the tortoise...how cute!

     
  • On 2 April 2008 at 15:05, Blogger BeckySC

    I love it, Carol!! You did a great job :)

     
  • On 2 April 2008 at 15:41, Blogger Shelley

    The pinkeep is gorgeous. I love seeing all your finishes - I'm new to finishing so it's nice to see how my things may look eventually. *laughs*

    I LOVE tortoises. I had the opportunity to adopt a sulcata once, but after learning how long they live and how big they get, I didn't think it'd be right, as I'm a renter. But it's a dream of mine that I may have one someday. I hope we get to see pictures of Tommy sometime soon! What kind of tortoise is he?

     
  • On 2 April 2008 at 16:19, Blogger Kim B

    Your pinkeep is great!

    What fun that you have a tortoise! I must see pictures.

     
  • On 2 April 2008 at 18:24, Blogger Janaina

    Absolutely lovely! Vonna stitched that same design and finished as a pinkeep aswell fo mr the last year. She is a great finisher, just like you too! I treasure that piece!
    Where do you ladies get the LHN freebies? I looked and looked again the site you posted here, but could find anything...:o(
    Hugs to the tortoise!:o)

     
  • On 2 April 2008 at 20:58, Blogger DaisyGirl

    I can't wait to see the turtle! I had a turtle when I was little! I didn't know they slept for 6 months. Learn something new everyday.
    Donna

     
  • On 3 April 2008 at 10:10, Blogger Stephanie

    What a lovely pinkeep for Wendy Jo - I love it! I'm really keen to see Tommy - I didn't realise that tortoises hibernated!

     
  • On 3 April 2008 at 13:07, Blogger Michele B.

    This looks wonderful - I especially love how you placed the pins. I stitched this design but have not yet finished it. You make me want to get to it!

     
  • On 3 April 2008 at 15:53, Blogger Yuko

    Carol, this is very lovely pinkeep!
    I wanted to be your partner, lol
    The backing fabric is also very beautiful and suit well for this design!
    No wonder your partner will treasure it and happy!

     
  • On 3 April 2008 at 17:28, Blogger Carol

    Lovely job on the pinkeep for Wendy Jo!

     
  • On 6 April 2008 at 15:47, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    lovely pinkeep