< iStitch
Saturday 29 March 2008
The mail man delivereth!




The mail man delivered not one, but two packages in the mail today! Wow I feel so special. The first package was from Margaret in New Zealand, my HOE pinkeep exchange partner. It was like Christmas but, as it is Autumn in NZ, Margaret chose an Autumn theme. The package contained some beautiful fabric in very autumnal colours together with some checked linen, a perle cotton with co-ordinating ribbon by The Dyepot, a green tea and lime leaf bath bag, two chocolate bars, one milk and one plain (oh how I adore plain chocolate), a mobile phone charm and the most gorgeous pinkeep stitched over one thread in such pretty colours and with my initial on the reverse. This is actually the first piece I have received in the exchange so I was mighty pleased to actually receive something! Thank you so much Margaret and please rest assured it has been placed in my cabinet to show off to all and sundry.  




I also received a wonderful package from my dear friend Tammy in Alabama. Inside there was a pretty flowered tin containing a pincushion, a needlecase, a needle threader and a tape measure, some metal conchos, a sweet photoframe in the shape of a bag, some DMC threads and the most gorgeous pinkeep. She is a great stitcher and a beautiful finisher and I am fortunate enough to now have two of her wonderful pieces. Thank you so much Tammy. 

I am still using my 'old' computer but today will be the last time as I am setting up the new acquisition later. I need to take photos of this one for advertising/ebay purposes and I will then move it to the dining room table so I can set up the new one on my desk and once that's up and running I am going to delete all my files and reinstall the OS so there is nothing left on here. I did ask Ken if he wanted this one but he says he is happy with the old pc - he isn't very techno minded and only plays the odd game now and then but I am going to try to talk him into changing over to Mac so watch this space!

I have heard that my silk floss for Hannah Beeby is on it's way across the ocean so hopefully that won't be too long before I can make a start.

Have a great weekend and thank you for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


6 Comments: