< iStitch
Monday 17 March 2008
Old Colonial Basket



This is the Old Colonial Garden Basket. It is stitched on 32ct Mocha linen using Weeks Dye Works and Gentleart Threads. There is a needlebook which is attached to the space in the top right hand corner but there are still a few more stitches to go into this and I hope to finish it later today. The basket has a wonderful wooden lid with a cute little knob in the middle!

I have finished stitching my pinkeep for the HOE exchange so only need to finish it off and then put together a gift package before mailing it to my partner. I hope she likes it. 

Next weekend I am hoping to make a start on the Hannah Beeby SAL  but this does depend on whether or not the Needlepoint Inc silk threads I have ordered arrive in time. I am now going to use NPI silks in Ultra Dark Forest Green instead of Vicki Clayton's Imperialosity.

I have also decided that I will start again on the Merry Cox Diminutive Sewing Set! I know that I made a good start on the sampler but I am not happy with it! Maybe it's the colour of the threads and/or the fabric - I don't know - but there's something not quite right.  I love the tiny wood carrier, the silk mattress and the idea of the 'smalls' so, rather than continue with a project that I am not 100% happy with, I am going to chose a different fabric, different silk threads and will probably change part of the chart too. I wonder if it would look good monochromatic? Any comments? 

Thank  you for visiting
Take care   

Labels: , , ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 17 March 2008 at 18:07, Blogger Edgar

    OCGB is looking great!!! I STILL have not gotten my H Beebe chart ...what's up with that? So I may be just a lurking stitcher in the SAL.

     
  • On 17 March 2008 at 18:40, Blogger Kim B

    Your Garden Basket work looks amazing! I can't wait to see it all finished! It looks like it's going to come together as quite a neat little project.

     
  • On 17 March 2008 at 19:59, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Well how pretty is that? Gorgeous, I say!

     
  • On 17 March 2008 at 22:35, Blogger Mylene

    Old Colonial Basket is looking great.
    Love your next project too!!

     
  • On 18 March 2008 at 00:56, Blogger DaisyGirl

    I do like one color stitching! So, you might consider it!
    Donna

     
  • On 18 March 2008 at 01:33, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Looking great I can't wait to see the finished product!

     
  • On 18 March 2008 at 14:46, Blogger Karoline

    Your basket is looking gorgeous, looking forward to seeing it finished

     
  • On 19 March 2008 at 06:32, Blogger Sandra

    I'm just about to start Merry's Diminutive set and I've started with a piece of bronze silk (I don't like blues) and have chosen a Needle Necessities for the wording and some DMC's which tone with the NN for the rest of it. I have it all laid out on the living room floor and keep looking at it as I walk by. So far I am happy with my choices.

     
  • On 19 March 2008 at 12:51, Blogger Wendy

    The Merry Cox set is gorgeous! I'm not sure if monochromatic is the way to go here, may be substituting one of your favourite colours in place of the blue? But you know how I can't decide on colours....;-D

    Colonial Basket looks great!