< iStitch
Monday 25 February 2008
Nothing new to show



Although I have a good stitching weekend I have nothing I can show yet. My biscornu for the HOE exchange is finished and I am putting together my package to get into the mail in the next week or so. As soon as my partner receives it, I will post photos. I also made a great start on a pinkeep. As to whether I send this to my unknown partner in the pinkeep exchange depends on their taste and, as to whether I fall in love with this piece myself. I am really pleased with how the stitching is turning out and so will probably end up with this in my display cabinet!

My lamsbwool fabric for the Quaker Friendship RR (32ct) and for Hannah Beeby SAL (35ct) turned up in this morning's mail so tomorrow I am visiting a friend from my stitching group who has said she will overlock (serge) the edges for me. I hate unravelled edges - so untidy! And then ... I will put my first stitches in QF. 

As I have no new stitching photos that I can show you and, as I like to see photos in blogs, I have posted two photos of a project I did in 2000.  It's called a Sampler Cottage Etui and is a CA Wells' piece.  As you can see the roof lifts off and inside there is a pincushion and a scissor fob. There is a scrimshaw ruler in a slot on the inside - you can just see it and a scrimshaw thread winder is attached by a pin to the back of the pincushion. The scissors fit into a slot on the side opposite the ruler.  I really enjoyed doing this project - a real cute little house!    

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol

Labels: , , ,

 
|


8 Comments: