< iStitch
Saturday 9 February 2008
Two finishes


I saw on someone's blog a thread bobbin keep made by someone, I think, called Staci (apologies for not remembering) and decided that I would make one too. So using left over fabric and threads from my strawberry humbug scissor fob I made a matching keep. I also re-stitched the humbug fob for myself!  

At last the weather seems to be picking up here in the UK. Today, although it's rather cold out, the sun has been shining all day. The daffodils are out of the ground and the primroses are not only out of the ground but some are in flower - a definite sign of spring. Only a few more weeks and my tortoise, Tommy, will be awake from his long hibernation. I miss him in the winter months as he sleeps from mid-October to mid-March. I once said I would like to hibernate for the winter and Ken said if I really wanted to go into a box of straw in the back of the garage he would see what he could do! Of course, I didn't actually mean that but to stay home in the warm and dry with my stitching seems an ideal way of passing the long, dreary winter months. How I long for the summer months when I can get out into the garden.

I am still waiting for my fabric and floss to arrive for Hannah Beeby although I have heard that they are in the mail - don't you just love getting mail with goodies inside? I will then make my final choice as to what to use for Ms Hannah and, as I have also joined Edgar's Quaker Friendship Round Robin, I am also looking forward to choosing fabric and floss, and making a start on this one too. 

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend
Take care
Carol

Labels: ,

 
|


11 Comments: