< iStitch
Saturday 19 January 2008
Two finishes!

I managed to get two finishes done today:

Firstly Eliza's Pyn Keep, a freebie chart from With My Needle. This is for my darling friend Diana who lives in Canton, Ohio and who I only get to see once a year when we both vacation in Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida. The photograph at the top of my blog is a sunset on Siesta Key - wouldn't you just want to be there now? I do not know if she reads my blog but if she does I would like to tell her how much I love her and Stan and I miss them loads. It's Diana's birthday next week and the pinkeep and other goodies will be winging their way to her shortly.  The tiny pins are Applique pins made by Clover - aren't they just dinky and ideal for a tiny one over one piece that you don't want overshadowed by large headed pins.




The second finish is the scissor fob that Karoline from Karoline's Corner won in my draw.   This will be sent to Karoline after my workshop on February 15.  I hope she like it.



I though you might like to see some 'pegs' that I picked up in the local supermarket. These are supposed to be for delicate items and items that you would not want marked by ordinary wooden pegs. And yes they do work and are also good for closing the tops of opened bags - just fold over the tops of the bags and clip on a peg. And ... I found another great use for them - I used them to sandwich together Diana's pinkeep whilst I was putting it together. It was like having another pair of hands! They do not mark the fabric (you can see the little pads on them) and they are extremely light weight and if you drop the project (as I did) in early stages of finishing it stays together. Brilliant eh?
  



I still need to do the lid of my shaker box - maybe tomorrow now as the light is fading fast. I am trying to decide as I finish this post whether to start my book - Sepulchre by Kate Mosse, watch a dvd - Perfect Strangers with Sam Neil and Rachel Blake or do a bit more on my Merry Cox project.  I think the book will win as my right hand (the one that needs surgery) is really painful - maybe  I have overdone it just lately! 

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol

Labels: , , , ,

 
|


6 Comments: