< iStitch
Tuesday 15 January 2008
It's worth clearing out cupboards



A few more stitches in Merry Cox - but oh dear, I redid the verse and miscounted!  I did not want to split my name and now I have ended up with two split words and two gaps.  Oh well it will have to stay - I am certainly not frogging as it's stitched on 36ct over one thread!  Now I must think of something to put in the gaps - any suggestions welcome. 

Yesterday I decided to clear out a cupboard and ended up clearing out two wardrobes too. I felt really industrious and, although I only got one sack of rubbish, I did manage to sort out a lot of stuff to go on ebay on the next cheap listing day and ... I came across my unfinished Loara Standish  sampler.  I started this a few years ago and I think I am about 2/3rds of the way down so I really must pick this up again and put some more stitches in it.  I have seen the actual sampler in the Museum at Plymouth Mass.  It's absolutely wonderful and well worth a trip there if you are in the area and the kit for this sampler is for sale in the gift shop.   

http://pilgrimhall.org/s_sampler/htm 

I also came across an antique sampler that I brought 2 or 3 years ago.  This needs framing and I did sort out some raw linen to mount it on so will try and get that framed shortly.  I will take photos of Loara and the antique sampler tomorrow.  I also found a forgotten stash of fabric and other stitching goodies so it pays to clear out your cupboard occasionally!     

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol 

Labels: ,

 
|


4 Comments:


  • On 15 January 2008 at 16:17, Blogger Edgar

    What a wonderful sampler!!! You could chart and fill in with some cherries or leaves from the main picture. That Forgiveness piece I am working on has a line of cherries across the top between the alphabet and the body of the piece.

     
  • On 15 January 2008 at 18:13, Blogger Terri

    I'm not familiar with the design, but what about adding a little bird, acorns, etc.

     
  • On 16 January 2008 at 01:18, Blogger BeckySC

    I like both suggestions so far! I am sure whatever you decide upon will work just fine! This is an AWESOME sampler :)

     
  • On 16 January 2008 at 01:28, Blogger Margaret

    Thanks so much for your visit Carol.
    Wow - I wish I would find things like this lovely sampler when clearing out cupboards. You must be thrilled to have re-found it.
    Your scissor fob is very pretty and I would love to have my name included in your draw.