A few more stitches in Merry Cox - but oh dear, I redid the verse and miscounted! I did not want to split my name and now I have ended up with two split words and two gaps. Oh well it will have to stay - I am certainly not frogging as it's stitched on 36ct over one thread! Now I must think of something to put in the gaps - any suggestions welcome.
Yesterday I decided to clear out a cupboard and ended up clearing out two wardrobes too. I felt really industrious and, although I only got one sack of rubbish, I did manage to sort out a lot of stuff to go on ebay on the next cheap listing day and ... I came across my unfinished Loara Standish sampler. I started this a few years ago and I think I am about 2/3rds of the way down so I really must pick this up again and put some more stitches in it. I have seen the actual sampler in the Museum at Plymouth Mass. It's absolutely wonderful and well worth a trip there if you are in the area and the kit for this sampler is for sale in the gift shop.
I also came across an antique sampler that I brought 2 or 3 years ago. This needs framing and I did sort out some raw linen to mount it on so will try and get that framed shortly. I will take photos of Loara and the antique sampler tomorrow. I also found a forgotten stash of fabric and other stitching goodies so it pays to clear out your cupboard occasionally!
Thanks for visiting