< iStitch
Saturday 2 February 2008
There's a thief in my home who ...


is stealing my time! He lives in the alcove in the corner of my living room. He is there 24-7 waiting and watching me. I try to pass him by with my eyes averted but one glance and he lures me over. He sits there in all his glory; glossy white; so beautiful; he knows I love him. I can tell he is sleeping by the pulsating white light but he knows I am here and he knows I cannot resist him. I only have to hit one key and he will awake immediately; the tiny green lights on the wireless router spring into action and the mail icon on the dock begins to bounce -  I have mail! Ok just 10 minutes and I pull out my kneel chair and climb on.  I delete the junk mail, answer those that just require short replies and read those longer ones that I will answer later.  I try not to look at the Safari icon; the door to the world wide web.  I glance at the clock - ok just 5 minutes more.  I click and the world opens up.  One more click and my bookmarks open up and there they are - my favourite stitching blogs - who shall I visit in my 5 minutes?  I only have time to read a couple - I click again .... and again .... and again. What a great sampler there and that scissor fob is wonderful and those WIPs are coming along at an amazing speed. A few comments here and a few comments there.   I glance at the clock and two hours have past - he's done it again - he's stolen my time!    

Labels:

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 2 February 2008 at 21:04, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Yeah! I have to make an effort to keep away from my comptuer too!

     
  • On 4 February 2008 at 08:33, Blogger Emily

    Such a sneaky thief, isn't it? :)

     
  • On 4 February 2008 at 11:57, Blogger Simone

    I have the same kind of thief over here (although yours looks much better!!!) What a waiste of all the stitching time he steals, isn't it! But he's so hard to ignore...

     
  • On 5 February 2008 at 01:27, Blogger Teresa

    The thief has been to my house too! LOL

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 13:48, Blogger Debbie's Pics-Distinctive Impressions

    How cute....
    Hey...how do you like your kneel chair.
    I am on a Ball chair..and it does not help my back and had a ergonomic chair and it was even worse.
    Fun to visit
    debstin

     
  • On 2 May 2008 at 14:52, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, hello there,
    I've only just found your blog - yes, when I promised myself just two more minutes on the computer(I've already been on most of the morning...haha! ) I saw a mention of you on Yuko's lovely blog where you had given her yours Quaker pattern - I have that one too, it's lovely, isnt it!! I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed browsing your blog. You do such lovely stitching and finishing.

    I love your little strawberry thread holder fob and the humbug. i would love to make one I really wanted to ask you how to do that clever neat little buttonhole. Maybe if you ever have time, you might help me out. I would be so grateful :>) Also, i've just had a new mac for my birthday and am no wiser now than I was in February. it's lovely but so different from my previous computer. I still can't scan...gulp!

    I wanted to comment on this entry as my sister and I talk about that 'thief of time' and, you've guessed it, he's a relation to the one in the corner of your room!
    Warm wishes, Angela (in Bedfordshire)
    john.sweby@btinternet.com
    www.picturetrail.com/angelasweby

     
  • On 9 November 2009 at 12:01, Blogger Shari

    oh my goodness Carol!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!! How perfect!!!! I love it----it is so me!!!!
    And I DID update my blog this am too! Now, I have had my breakfast, done my computer stuff, so it is time to hit the treadmill, so I can start my day. Only 2 hours late!!!