< iStitch
Thursday 14 February 2008
Help - decision time!


Today my silk threads arrived from Vicki Clayton. I had thought that the arrival of these three spools would influence my decision as to which colour and as to what fabric to use for both Hannah Beeby and Edgar's Quaker Friendship Round Robin. Oh dear, it's not that simple! All three colours are absolutely delicious and I am as undecided as ever. The two fabrics shown are on the left a natural brown 32ct and on the right a flax 36ct and the thread colours from top to bottom OMG Red, Mermaid Blue and Imperialosity.  Just how do I decide? Maybe I should just put the spools into a bag and draw one out? As the Quaker Friendship is a Round Robin I think maybe 32ct would a good fabric choice but did we decide on lighter linens - is this too dark to be considered a light linen? Or shall I go order some 32ct flax - like now? I thought I had some 32ct lambswool, and yes I do but ... when I unfolded it, I had already cut into it and I don't think it will be large enough now and, as my chart has not yet arrived for the QFRR, I actually have no idea how big it is!  Oh why is life never easy?  

I have been stitching but still nothing I can show. Merry has been frogged and put aside for now and I have made no start on the matching 'smalls'. However, I did decide on what to stitch for my partner in the HOE biscornu exchange. The front is done but as I ran out of white 12 perle I could not make a start on the back. I say "ran out" but I should I have a ball somewhere. My cabinet shows a vast array of colours of both number 12 and 8 perle cottons but not a white 12 to be seen so I really must remedy that. Why is it that the colour we need now is always the colour we do not have?  

Tomorrow is the workshop I am giving for the Carnation and Strawberry scissor fob and I have received a confirmation email that the group are looking forward to it. The model will then be sent out to Karoline as she won this in the earlier draw.

I have also been catching up on my reading with "Sepulchre" and I am finding it difficult to put down. It's by a British author Kate Mosse (not the British model - she does not have an 'e' on her surname) and is set in two years - 1891 and 2007 - and switches quite neatly between them. I won't give the storyline away in case anyone wants to read it!  Kate also wrote an earlier book in the same ilk called "Labyrinth" which I also enjoyed immensely. And now I'm going to make lunch and then read some more.

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol  

         

Labels: , , , , ,

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 14 February 2008 at 16:03, Blogger Stephanie

    In my own very humble opinion - the red or the green silk, the darker linen. Now I'll look forward to seeing what you actually chose :)

     
  • On 14 February 2008 at 17:36, Blogger Lelia

    Hard to tell which to use [by the picture]. I don't think you'd go wrong with your choices.

    Good luck with your workshop & I didn't know there was another book out by K.Mosse - I read Labyrinth when it came out. Will have to check the library shelves : )

     
  • On 14 February 2008 at 18:23, Blogger Edgar

    I really like the red on the darker fabric. But the green is really lovely also... that blue is also good - it is a very hard decision!! A doo-dad is just one of the spot snowflakes in the piece. The Quaker Virtues is something you will need ... :)

    I am still waiting on my Hannah Beeby chart what is up with that??

     
  • On 14 February 2008 at 18:53, Blogger DaisyGirl

    I will have to look for that book, I'm a avid reader, I go to the library every week. I like the red or the green, but I don't know either what color to get, Edgar told me the size for the linen, 13" by 14" square, I figured I'll get a 15 by 15 piece of linen on Saturday!
    Donna

     
  • On 14 February 2008 at 19:59, Blogger valerie

    Hi Carol,

    Thank you for the lovely comment. I've been lurking on your blog every now and again. Personally, I like the red or the green silk on either linen with my preference being the flax linen. But then, I like things to pop. It depends on what effect you are going for.

    I'll have to buy some Vicki Clayton silk...everyone raves about it and I've never even used silk before.

    Have fun with your SAL and RR. Can't wait to see the progress.

     
  • On 15 February 2008 at 03:28, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    I like the red on the lighter linen.

     
  • On 15 February 2008 at 23:26, Blogger Wendy

    Oh decisions...decisions! I think the red is lovely with the darker linen. I would go with blue with the lighter one. And the green with either? But which one for which? I'm afraid I haven't been much help. Any combination will look great.