< iStitch
Sunday 17 February 2008
Blog changes, Hannah Beeby and Quaker Friendship
If you came to visit yesterday you would have found my blog looking a bit strange. I was trying to change my template to a Pannasmontata template called "L'amour".  Andrea has this template on her blog and I really admired it so wanted to do something similar.  She has very kindly be talking me through it (thanks Andrea) but I have had some problems. I think firstly that having a Mac computer caused a problem because, when I downloaded the template from Pannasmontata, it did not load as a gobblegook file so, after deciding it was probably using a Mac, I turned on the pc and used that.  As Andrea suggested I opened a 'test blog' to play around which I did.  I then downloaded the template, deleted the html on the new blog and replaced it by cutting and pasting the html from the download and hey it worked! So I went to my blog and did the same and voila a new template even if I had lost my side bar links. By this time Ken wanted to use the pc so I though no problem I can 'tweak' on the Mac and replace the missing sidebar links but ... I couldn't because when I went to customize the layout it just came up 'upgrade template' and I could not get into layout at all. So, once Ken had finished on the pc, back there I went but the same thing happened.  Luckily I managed to get my original template, together with the sidebar links etc back so now I am back to square one!  

Kirby called round yesterday after her Saturday job in Sainsburys (supermarket) while I was playing around and she said she preferred the original blog anyway! But I hate being beaten by a machine so - watch this space! Any comments/suggestions appreciated.


I stitched a few 'test' pieces last night. The top one, which I gave up on as I thought it 'disappeared' in the fabric, is Vicki Clayton's OMG Red (one strand) on flax 36ct.  I then stitched two 'snowflakes' on lambswool 32ct. The one on the left is one strand of OMG Red and the other one, using two strands, is two sections in OMG Red and the remaining sections in Imperialosity. So this means that for Quaker Friendship I will go with OMG Red with two strands on the 32ct lambswool but the only problem here I only have a piece 19" x 14 1/4" so I am not sure if it's big enough.  I know the 19" is fine but not sure about the other side so I may have to order some more. And for Ms Hannah - mmmnn - I like the green again on lambswool but I do have a piece of 36ct antique white in my stash so I am going to do another test piece with one strand on that. I had not realised how thin the VC silk was and I definitely did not like the coverage with one strand on 32ct.  I must make up my mind as if I have to order 32ct lambswool I may as well order 35ct too!  Again all comments/suggestions welcome.

Well, enough rambling for today.

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol  

Labels: , ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 17 February 2008 at 14:23, Blogger Katrina

    Hope you get the computer stuff figured out soon :-). I am not at all brave when it comes to that stuff. Hence my blog doesn't change much, LOL.

    I do love the red with two strands. The gree is very pretty too :-).

     
  • On 17 February 2008 at 16:20, Blogger DaisyGirl

    I chose the green from Needlepoint Silks, I've yet to do a test, I guess I should, I usually just go with it. I'm gonna email Edgar again about the size. I'm doubting myself now.
    Donna

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 04:19, Blogger Jennifer

    When I changed my template, the first thing I did was open up a test blog so I could rearrange and play with things without disturbing my blog and without losing anything. I also set up an excel spreadsheet for all my links and things so that if anything ever does happen to my blog, my links are in an offline file.

    I don't think there's ever an easy fix to changing up a blog - it's a lot of playing around with it and seeing what works, but the good news is you get much more proficient at operating it.

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 05:16, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Sorry you felt that the comptuer won!

    I like the choice you made for floss/fabric

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 15:04, Blogger Kajsa

    The red with the 2 strands will show up beautifully!

    Can't wait too see the started project.

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 15:48, Blogger Wendy

    It looks like the 2 strands give you great coverage on 32 ct. I think the red will be gorgeous on this fabric.

    I'm so awful with changing templates, I hand the job over to my daughter and she somehow makes it all look so easy.

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 18:36, Blogger Edgar

    I really like the green for HB - I have had to reorder this chart from another place and cancel my first order - very annoying!! I will be a bit behind..... now I need to decide what I want to her in - I might go with HDF Sea called the moon???

    Any idea or thing I do you can copy or modify!! I just wanted the little rabbit to pop out a bit since I was born in the year of the rabbit. :)

    I don't think that basting is necessary for the QFRR.

    Sorry about all the computer issues.

    edgar

     
  • On 18 February 2008 at 22:22, Blogger Janaina

    Come see me - I've tagged you!

     
  • On 21 February 2008 at 00:32, Blogger Teresa

    Come over to my blog, you have been tagged.