< iStitch
Wednesday 20 February 2008
Quaker sampler




Last week, while I was searching for something, I came across the above sampler that only needed a few more stitches to finish it. So, it came to the top of the pile and it's now finished. Sorry the picture is a bit squiffy! I started this while on vacation in Florida, I think last year or was 2006? It's stitched on 36ct fabric (I have no idea what colour, but it's a nice shade) with Soie Crystal silk threads. It was supposed to be stitched on two different colour fabrics with the alphabet on a separate lighter piece but when I came to put them together it didn't line up even though I was using the same count fabric! Luckily enough I had enough space to re-stitch the top half on the same fabric that I had used for the bottom. I am trying to decide whether to hem-stitch it or just to get it framed as it is.  Any suggestions?

My chart for the Quaker Friendship Round Robin has arrived. I have decided to go with the OMG Red (2 over 2) on lambswool 32ct, which fabric I have on order. Although I have a piece of this fabric I wasn't too sure if there was enough for this project so better be safe than sorry. As soon as this arrives I will make a start on my area.

I have finished stitching my biscornu for the HOE exchange and I need to finish it. I will post a picture once my partner has received it. 

I have also joined the HOE pinkeep exchange and I have more or less decided what to stitch but I need to check my partner's blog (when my partner is assigned to me that is) to see likes and dislikes. 

I finished reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse. I enjoyed it but the ending seemed to "rush to a finish" if you know what I mean! 

Now I am off to make lunch and then settle down to watch a movie and stitch some.

Thanks for visiting
Take care
Carol         

Labels: , , ,

 
|


10 Comments: